Fresh start.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
It's never too soon for a build thread , especially when you don't have a jeep yet. Well this morning I couldn't take it anymore. Not having a jeep for over a year drove me insane. So I got up and went straight to my local dealership and got the ball rolling.

Interesting day trying to order a jeep. I had to limit myself to a budget, but I feel I got what I wanted. I wanted the dual top group, but had to remove that option, the reason was odd. I wanted an automatic transmission mainly for the remote start feature. Apparently you can only get the 2.0 turbo with an automatic. Wouldn't let us order the 3.6.
Next was the other options. I didn't want the led lights, I live in Wyoming and the snow was really bad on my old jeeps tucklite headlights. But we couldn't remove that option. So I was forced to get the led lights. [emoji849]

Next he asked if I wanted to spend $600 dollars on a mopar reinforced tire bracket. I didn't do any research and wasn't sure of this was a good or bad option. So I left that out also. I need to look into this before I get one. Hundred bucks more and I can get the evo carrier.

So anyways, I'm happy with I settled on, papers were signed and I have a 2 month wait. In the meantime, I have a lot of reading and parts to purchase. I think I'm going a different direction than with my dozer. But who knows. Besides, I have a ton of questions and no better forum than this one aScreenshot_20181203-131056_Chrome.jpeg20181203_110526.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

StingRubi19

Thanks, I really loved this color. I've only seen it online. Haven't actually seen it in person. [emoji13]

Was the same for me. I didnt see it until mine arrived and when it did, I was stoked! Weird how it can give off so many different shades depending on the sunlight! You'll love it! I'm really happy with mine. I'll probably get the Gladiator in the same color lol20181027_120156.jpeg

Spack

Interesting day trying to order a jeep. I had to limit myself to a budget, but I feel I got what I wanted. I wanted the dual top group, but had to remove that option, the reason was odd. I wanted an automatic transmission mainly for the remote start feature. Apparently you can only get the 2.0 turbo with an automatic. Wouldn't let us order the 3.6.
Next was the other options. I didn't want the led lights, I live in Wyoming and the snow was really bad on my old jeeps tucklite headlights. But we couldn't remove that option. So I was forced to get the led

Congrats! and welcome back! I ran into the same problem last month. Luckily I found what seemed to be the only 3.6 auto in mojito on the west coast a couple hours away that my dealer was able to trade on.

A couple days later I got a return email from Tim Kuniskis. If it’s not too late, try this:

“Your dealer should be able to submit a "sold order" for you in the configuration you desire.

The key is that it needs to be ordered in your name as a sold unit (versus a for stock order).”

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

It's never too soon for a build thread , especially when you don't have a jeep yet. Well this morning I couldn't take it anymore. Not having a jeep for over a year drove me insane. So I got up and went straight to my local dealership and got the ball rolling.

Next was the other options. I didn't want the led lights, I live in Wyoming and the snow was really bad on my old jeeps tucklite headlights. But we couldn't remove that option. So I was forced to get the led lights. [emoji849]

Next he asked if I wanted to spend $600 dollars on a mopar reinforced tire bracket. I didn't do any research and wasn't sure of this was a good or bad option. So I left that out also. I need to look into this before I get one. Hundred bucks more and I can get the evo carrier.

So anyways, I'm happy with I settled on, papers were signed and I have a 2 month wait. In the meantime, I have a lot of reading and parts to purchase. I think I'm going a different direction than with my dozer. But who knows. Besides, I have a ton of questions and no better forum than this one aView attachment 7294View attachment 7295

Looking at that build sheet, at bottom I see where it says priority: 4 - dealer order. That's why it wouldn't let you order a 3.6 auto. If the dealer had selected "sold order" like they should have it would have showed up as an option. If you are happy with the 4 go for it, it's a great engine. Otherwise I'd call the dealer and tell them to get their head out of their ass and order correctly if u want a 3.6 auto.

Just a heads up. Either way congrats on the new Jeep.

Sent via....

wibornz

Let the fun begin.....

Get to ordering stuff and let us know what you ordered and why. I like the color also. I have seen it in the bright sun and it is amazing.

olram30

Looking at that build sheet, at bottom I see where it says priority: 4 - dealer order. That's why it wouldn't let you order a 3.6 auto. If the dealer had selected "sold order" like they should have it would have showed up as an option. If you are happy with the 4 go for it, it's a great engine. Otherwise I'd call the dealer and tell them to get their head out of their ass and order correctly if u want a 3.6 auto.

Just a heads up. Either way congrats on the new Jeep.

Sent via....
That's interesting, it was really odd for him because he's the only guy that orders for the dealer. He had me test drive a sport with the 2.0 and actually I was impressed with the pep it had merging onto the interstate.

JeepJL

Congrats on the new rig. The dealer has a few days where they can change your order. I’d have them change it to a sold vehicle vs dealer order. Sold vehicles take priority at the factory. You might be waiting longer if not. They try and meet the 45-60 day delivery goal on “sold vehicle” orders. Then have them remove the ez-order line, your led lights you didn’t want (mine froze over 5 times coming home from the dealership in the snow last week after picking it up) and get the engine you want, whatever that is. Also if you’re not getting 7-8% off FFP pricing you might want to shop around. I just paid $45k for my 19 I ordered with a msrp of $52k just a few hours away from you. You’re spending a lot of money so don’t regret not getting what you want because the dealer has no idea what they are doing.
Congrats on the new rig. Love that Sting color!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awe yeah!! Congrats to you on getting the ball rollin on this and can't wait to see this JL in your hands :thumb:

olram30

Congrats on the new rig. The dealer has a few days where they can change your order. I’d have them change it to a sold vehicle vs dealer order. Sold vehicles take priority at the factory. You might be waiting longer if not. They try and meet the 45-60 day delivery goal on “sold vehicle” orders. Then have them remove the ez-order line, your led lights you didn’t want (mine froze over 5 times coming home from the dealership in the snow last week after picking it up) and get the engine you want, whatever that is. Also if you’re not getting 7-8% off FFP pricing you might want to shop around. I just paid $45k for my 19 I ordered with a msrp of $52k just a few hours away from you. You’re spending a lot of money so don’t regret not getting what you want because the dealer has no idea what they are doing.
Congrats on the new rig. Love that Sting color!

You are correct. He just called me and we're got the 3.6 instead of the 2.0. I also had him throw in the mopar tailgate carrier. He still couldn't remove the led lights. But he did the final order this morning under customer

JeepJL

You are correct. He just called me and we're got the 3.6 instead of the 2.0. I also had him throw in the mopar tailgate carrier. He still couldn't remove the led lights. But he did the final order this morning under customer

Good stuff! You definitely want your name on the window sticker that says built for Marlo... [emoji1360][emoji1360] I think you’ll like the 3.6 better. I’m loving mine, I’ve only had it 5 days. It feels like getting into the JK until you start and drive it, then it’s like a Mercedes on steroids [emoji13]