Fresh start.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Last jeep I had nitto trail grapplers. Good tire. But I live in Wyoming, honestly they sucked on the ice. I think it's because of the lack of siping. (None).. I thought about the nitto ridge grappler, but since I've been gone it looks like everyone is running the cooper discoverer sst pro. I thought to myself, I'll look into these. I'm impressed with the price right off the bat. A 37" for 270 bucks each? I've never ran a set, only by what I've seen online. Plus there is siping! I hate doing this, (going by what I've seen only online) but I think this might be the tire I'm looking for. Affordable, siping for the shit Wyoming roads and really tough on the trail. So 37x12.5x17 is my final choice. Where's the best place to buy these? Discount tire still? Now to choose the rims.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Last jeep I had nitto trail grapplers. Good tire. But I live in Wyoming, honestly they sucked on the ice. I think it's because of the lack of siping. (None).. I thought about the nitto ridge grappler, but since I've been gone it looks like everyone is running the cooper discoverer sst pro. I thought to myself, I'll look into these. I'm impressed with the price right off the bat. A 37" for 270 bucks each? I've never ran a set, only by what I've seen online. Plus there is siping! I hate doing this, (going by what I've seen only online) but I think this might be the tire I'm looking for. Affordable, siping for the shit Wyoming roads and really tough on the trail. So 37x12.5x17 is my final choice. Where's the best place to buy these? Discount tire still? Now to choose the rims.

You will really like them in the snow Marlo. They grip really well.

I still use discount tire and always recommend them as I’m sure you know their reputation.

olram30

Next is the lift kit. I don't usually buy off the shelf kits. I'm used to the Frankenstein kits. But I'm trying to keep things simple. I'm giving myself a week to decide. Evo, Rancho, dynatrac (I just want the duffel bag) and even the mopar (doesn't look like a rebrand of teraflop)

ddays v2

You'll really like the Coopers. LOL, I have personally road tested them in Wyoming on I-80 in a total shit storm before they closed it down a couple winters ago. I had zero issues with traction, which is unusual for a M/T tire. :thumb:

olram30

You'll really like the Coopers. LOL, I have personally road tested them in Wyoming on I-80 in a total shit storm before they closed it down a couple winters ago. I had zero issues with traction, which is unusual for a M/T tire. :thumb:
Wyoming sucks, not just I-80, but local roads in my town. They don't plow.

JTCO

Meme King
I run the coopers here. They're decent in the snow. I use to commute from here to Laramie at least once a week (prior to the jeep). As soon as you cross the Wyoming border, the roads go to shit in the winter. Even the antelope won't go on pavement.

olram30

LOL, I wasn't gonna say anything but I came to that conclusion. Got stuck in Cheyenne for a day & a half and none of the roads were cleared. I was afraid to do any exploring because I didn't want to be the asshole that showed up on the next days news. :(
It's murder here in rawlins. Pretty much stay put until spring.

olram30

I run the coopers here. They're decent in the snow. I use to commute from here to Laramie at least once a week (prior to the jeep). As soon as you cross the Wyoming border, the roads go to shit in the winter. Even the antelope won't go on pavement.
I hear you! I just drive a few miles to work and back all winter.

DavidDJL69

Congratulations on your new JL. I run 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers and find them to be a very good hybrid tire. Good offroad and good on pavement and in wet weather. A bit more snow and I’ll find out how they do on that surface! I went with the EVO tire carrier as it’s a bit beefier than the Mopar upgrade, but you’ll more than likely be fine with it. Have a blast when it arrives! Merry Christmas to YOU!

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Don’t swap the sensors over lol just run sensorless and turn it off with the Z automotive tazer programmer