Fresh start.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
:cheesy: I didn't get any hardware for that stupid hole either!!! They REALLY SHOULD include a flagged nut for it but I was able to make it work with bolt and serrated nut. Kinda of a pain and I'm somewhat concerned about being able to remove the nut should I ever need to take off the skid. I mention all this in an upcoming video.
Oh good. I'm not crazy then. Because I looked everywhere for a missing bolt. I'll see what your fix was. And a flagged nut even like they used on their jk rear d ring kit would be nice. I wonder why they don't include a bolt?

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh good. I'm not crazy then. Because I looked everywhere for a missing bolt. I'll see what your fix was. And a flagged nut even like they used on their jk rear d ring kit would be nice. I wonder why they don't include a bolt?

I tried a couple of different things but what I settled on worked well enough. I'll try to snap a couple of pics and post them up today.

Rgk401

:cheesy: I didn't get any hardware for that stupid hole either!!! They REALLY SHOULD include a flagged nut for it but I was able to make it work with bolt and serrated nut. Kinda of a pain and I'm somewhat concerned about being able to remove the nut should I ever need to take off the skid. I mention all this in an upcoming video.
IMG_4772.jpg this is the bolt I used!! Hope this help you out

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
this is the bolt I used!! Hope this help you out

I appreciate the info but the hole in question isn't threaded.

I should note, I just talked to EVO and was told that the kit should have come with a flagged nut. They are sending me one now. :yup:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Still debating if I should install this light bracket. Damn spare is heavy. Tired of taking it on and off already. View attachment 9973

Have you checked to ensure that your T45 fits through the front holes (i.e. the headlight cutouts)? Neither of my T45 3/8 drive sockets did. I had to knock the Torx bit out of the socket with a punch so I could get it installed, and then I bought a torx key wrench set.

olram30

Have you checked to ensure that your T45 fits through the front holes (i.e. the headlight cutouts)? Neither of my T45 3/8 drive sockets did. I had to knock the Torx bit out of the socket with a punch so I could get it installed, and then I bought a torx key wrench set.
Yeah, I'm thinking of just leaving it off. Probably be a hassle if I ever had to change a flat. I do really like it, but I'm seriously considering the genright tire carrier. But the price tag is a bit much. Maybe some day. I like how the license plate, camera and third brake light are separate. RTC-JL-web__80646.1530639905.1280.1280.jpeg

Bsimon187

Yeah, I'm thinking of just leaving it off. Probably be a hassle if I ever had to change a flat. I do really like it, but I'm seriously considering the genright tire carrier. But the price tag is a bit much. Maybe some day. I like how the license plate, camera and third brake light are separate. View attachment 9974

I bought the GenRight and a camera wire extension off of amazon. Works great and the carrier is super light weight. Tire is easy off and on as well. IMG_1425.JPG

olram30

Bsimon187

Awesome. I was curious about that cable since you can't splice it and extend it. How was the installation? All day project?

The cable is plug and play at the back. The tire carrier was about 2 hours or so. Not terrible at all. I spent longer trying to fish the wires in the carrier and ended up just saying screw it and zip ties them with the camera wire.

olram30

Nothing too exciting, but I couldn't stand the fencing sword antenna and got a ronin factory 50 cal antenna. I don't listen to FM and there's only one station in town. Also got mopar sill guards. Nasty snow storm came in, 25° and too cold. Don't want to fire up the heater. I'll probably install those tomorrow. Hopefully on Monday more goodies will arrive. 20190330_015838.jpeg20190330_020006.jpeg

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Nothing too exciting, but I couldn't stand the fencing sword antenna and got a ronin factory 50 cal antenna. I don't listen to FM and there's only one station in town. Also got mopar sill guards. Nasty snow storm came in, 25° and too cold. Don't want to fire up the heater. I'll probably install those tomorrow. Hopefully on Monday more goodies will arrive. View attachment 10056View attachment 10057

Man, anyone who thinks the sill guards aren’t important, needs to see what happens without them. My foot was rubbing the paint off on one of my JKs.

Jdofmemi

Nothing too exciting, but I couldn't stand the fencing sword antenna and got a ronin factory 50 cal antenna. I don't listen to FM and there's only one station in town. Also got mopar sill guards. Nasty snow storm came in, 25° and too cold. Don't want to fire up the heater. I'll probably install those tomorrow. Hopefully on Monday more goodies will arrive. View attachment 10056View attachment 10057

Nice antenna.

Before you install those sill guards, compare them to the Rugged Ridge ones. Mopar only covers the bottom, while the RR ones go over the lip that sticks up, where your feet are really going to drag the paint off of.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190309_205524-1008x756.jpg
    MVIMG_20190309_205524-1008x756.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 72