Fresh start.

WiscoHR

Another bitch move. People will say "why" ... but I ordered a set of mopar lower control arms from their lift kit. Yes I think that a shitty lift kit. What's even crazier is I'm taking off my evo lower control arms and putting these on. My goal is to get a decent lift and parts and in a budget. I measured these and they are 24.¼ and for 35 dollar each isn't bad. No grease zerks and im hoping a good caster with my dynatrac 2"lift. View attachment 11546

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Doesn’t seem like a terrible move if you have salt to deal with. I just had to rebuild all my Johnny joints a few weeks back because they were rusted in place after one WI winter. Added maintenance yearly that I don’t feel like doing.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another bitch move. People will say "why" ... but I ordered a set of mopar lower control arms from their lift kit. Yes I think that a shitty lift kit. What's even crazier is I'm taking off my evo lower control arms and putting these on. My goal is to get a decent lift and parts and in a budget. I measured these and they are 24.¼ and for 35 dollar each isn't bad. No grease zerks and im hoping a good caster with my dynatrac 2"lift.

LOL - nothing wrong with them or at least, not in my book. Thanks for taking the time to measure them too. I've always wanted to know if they were different :thumb:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I feel weird, I've talked so much shit over the years about pinch seam sliders. Then I went and ordered these mopar ones. Im not sure, I love the lines and looks. I'm sure they'll do fine for the trails here in Wyoming and Colorado, (minus carnage canyon) but I looked for months. Evo never released their sliders and I don't feel like drilling into this jeep. But if I do see damage, I'll throw on some skinsView attachment 11545

I don’t think it’s a terrible move. I’m sure they offer some protection. Maybe 2020 is EVO’s year, lol.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I feel weird, I've talked so much shit over the years about pinch seam sliders. Then I went and ordered these mopar ones. Im not sure, I love the lines and looks. I'm sure they'll do fine for the trails here in Wyoming and Colorado, (minus carnage canyon) but I looked for months. Evo never released their sliders and I don't feel like drilling into this jeep. But if I do see damage, I'll throw on some skinsView attachment 11545

I've also been waiting for EVO to release frame-mounted sliders. I considered LOD, however they're not fully compatible with the EVO LAs I'm running. Still have factory sliders installed, however I need to cut them down as they rub during stuff and turn.

MericaMade

Looks good and see what they can handle you might be surprised. I just cut off my Evo weld on ones and went to the EVO pro series bombers and skins for the step and love the look. I know people are on the fence about them but hey I'll give them hell and see how they hold up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Been a busy few weeks. But got a chance to inspect the mountains today. Still snow like crazy. Anyways, I'm still trying to build my trust with this jl. The dynatrac lift fits my needs perfect. There's no rough shit in the snowy range. Hopefully I can get to the wind rivers and really get a feel for this jeep. Few poser shots, just crazy there's this much snow still. Fucking June. 20190606_181119.jpeg20190606_181017.jpeg20190606_180640.jpeg20190606_180141.jpegSnapchat-825044930.jpegSnapchat-2031597459.jpeg

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I'll give my honest opinion on the trimmed fenders. They pop off way too easy. I had two pop off today. The first was on the trail, ok cool. It did its job. But it was a small branch and it popped off. The second was the driver's front on the interstate. Semi passed me and it popped off. Well it was holding on by one clip. So I need to figure out how to secure them better. I don't know if the factory clips suck or I need to put bolts. Snapchat-1826981022.jpeg

Bear_JT

I'll give my honest opinion on the trimmed fenders. They pop off way too easy. I had two pop off today. The first was on the trail, ok cool. It did its job. But it was a small branch and it popped off. The second was the driver's front on the interstate. Semi passed me and it popped off. Well it was holding on by one clip. So I need to figure out how to secure them better. I don't know if the factory clips suck or I need to put bolts. View attachment 11617

Bolts would probably be the best way to go.

Ski

Been a busy few weeks. But got a chance to inspect the mountains today. Still snow like crazy. Anyways, I'm still trying to build my trust with this jl. The dynatrac lift fits my needs perfect. There's no rough shit in the snowy range. Hopefully I can get to the wind rivers and really get a feel for this jeep. Few poser shots, just crazy there's this much snow still. Fucking June. View attachment 11611View attachment 11612View attachment 11613View attachment 11614View attachment 11615View attachment 11616

Very nice looking set-up. The Sting-Gray was my second choice, it is a very nice looking color. Anyway, you have a great looking Jeep!