M220 Chromemoly axles

rcr1340

Wondering if anyone has found any chro-mo axles for the new D44 yet. RCV just release front axles for JL. I have looked on every site I can think of and can't find any.

13_gecko_rubi

Just wait. The JL front axles have knuckles large enough to support 1410 ujoints. You'll see more options soon

Sent via....

ubbb69

I witnessed a rear break last weekend. He was on 40" nitto trail grapps. He had been running 37" up till then with no issues.

Jesse_01

Yes it made me happy that i went 37". I have had no issues except a drag link taking a shit on me. I have not been real easy on it either.

How many km before your drag link crapped out? Our's has play in it. Eventually switching out to aftermarket steering components.

Also we are switching out to 1 piece front axles because our axle discount shit the bed.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thoughts on CV axle shafts?

eh, I bought into the marketing when they first came out and wasn't too impressed. STEEP premium for something that starts to snap and pop loudly after hard use and then have RCV tell you that it's totally normal and not something they'll warranty. Seems to me that a good set of chromoly shafts with full circle clips get the job done just as well and there's a lot of other mods you can buy with the money you save.