Wanna see my rear?

CalSgt

Ooooooo thats nice.... How bout one from just a little further back? I wanted to know what the turn down looks like below the bumper.

Also curious about the sound, does it have that annoying drone in the cab at cruising speed?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sound is what I'd really like to know as well. I've heard what the JL sounds like with the muffler removed and I can't say that I'm too thrilled by it. I'm hoping a bit more tube might help things out a bit.

WiscoHR

I’m probably going to order the dynomax elimination pipe when I can. I’ve been running without the rear muffler for a while now. The sound doesn’t bother me but hate how it dumps straight against the outside of the under floor storage box.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

TFD

I’m probably going to order the dynomax elimination pipe when I can. I’ve been running without the rear muffler for a while now. The sound doesn’t bother me but hate how it dumps straight against the outside of the under floor storage box.

Looks like a good solution to the muffler issue for now anyway. Definitely worth a try at $100.

Rubiconchris

Looks like a good solution to the muffler issue for now anyway. Definitely worth a try at $100.

It's really not loud at low rpms. In my opinion it sounds great. I'll work on getting a video of the sound. When you get above 3000 rpms it growls pretty good. It's not obnoxious at highway speeds either. I'm very happy with it and feel better without that big muffler waiting to get bashed.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

ubbb69

I cut the bend off of the stock muffler so it was dumping straight down. Hope that makes sense.

MoparMari

Might wanna do another video for the sound. I'm interested to hear what it sounds like but that video gave me close to nothing but background static