VIDEO : JEEP GLADIATOR Truck Highlights & Close Up Look at the 2018 LA Auto Show

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
While pickup trucks have always been a part of Jeep's long heritage, it'd been almost 30 years since they've actually had one in their family line up. Sure, there'd been a lot of talk about one being made and endless speculation and rumors as to when that might be but year after year, it continued to be an elusive unicorn... or I should say, up until now anyway. In this episode of the JL JOURNAL, you'll get to see highlights from the 2018 L.A. Auto Show where Jeep finally revealed what so many of us have been dying to get our hands on, the all new 2020 GLADIATOR. We apologize for the audio being difficult to hear - it was crazy loud at the reveal and we didn't have time to mic everyone. We hope you enjoy the video just the same.

See more pics of the all new Jeep Gladiator from the 2018 LA Auto Show here:
Jeep Gladiator Photos from the 2018 LA Auto Show

:thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the coverage! Pretty cool, those will look good with some lift and bigger tires.

Oh yeah - looks way cool with a 2" lift and 35" tires. I'll look killer with 40's :eek: :crazyeyes:

Great coverage! Thanks for taking us along to see the new truck. Hopefully there will be one in my driveway later next year.

So glad we could take you with us. Hoping to have one in my stable too :yup:

JTCO

Meme King
Great video. Very informative. I am so happy to know the Sport comes with the 4.10 gears. I'm eyeing the Sport S big time.

Hohertz

Drool

Well hell! I was all sold that I would be selling my JK and getting a JL. I've purposely waited until the release of JT, now Gladiator, so that I could see what it would look like before making a decision. Now after seeing your video I'm screwed. I want them both and the new Gladiator is really impressive. I had a truck before my JK and this this is the best of both worlds. This is gonna be a tough decision.

Did you happen to pick up what colors they had on each? Looked like the JL orange, sting ray gray and the tan one?

Awesome video and coverage! Thanks!

StingRubi19

You guys catch the part where they said "effortlessly spin a new set of 40s" during the presentation?
Couldnt remember if he was referring to the diesel or what. Is there anything on this drivetrain that appears beefier to be able to handle the pay and tow load? Possibly daily drive and light trails with 40s?

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

RMC2

Very cool new Jeep. I want the front facing camera and the bluetooth speaker would be fun to have, but not that necessary.

13_gecko_rubi

You guys catch the part where they said "effortlessly spin a new set of 40s" during the presentation?
Couldnt remember if he was referring to the diesel or what. Is there anything on this drivetrain that appears beefier to be able to handle the pay and tow load? Possibly daily drive and light trails with 40s?

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
He said it in context of the diesel and it's 442 ft lbs of torque

Sent via....

Piginajeep

Finally had the chance to watch it. Great job! I noticed you didn’t hug Mark like I asked .. [emoji23]

2012 JK8
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:D Outstanding presentation--thank you--

:thumb: JIMBO

So glad you enjoyed it :)

The JT is killer. Im already thinking about selling/trading mine for one. Thanks for another great video

The JT is killer but it won't be a JL out on the trail. Just something to think about.

Nicely done!

Thank you :)

Loved the video,Thanks for bringing it to us..the JT is a nice lookin rig.I want one.

So glad to hear it :)

Well hell! I was all sold that I would be selling my JK and getting a JL. I've purposely waited until the release of JT, now Gladiator, so that I could see what it would look like before making a decision. Now after seeing your video I'm screwed. I want them both and the new Gladiator is really impressive. I had a truck before my JK and this this is the best of both worlds. This is gonna be a tough decision.

Did you happen to pick up what colors they had on each? Looked like the JL orange, sting ray gray and the tan one?

Awesome video and coverage! Thanks!

I think I saw someone list out the colors. I'm pretty sure they're also listed on Jeep's website. The tan is called Gobi.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Will have the white, red, punkin, sting gray, gator (greenish tint gray), granite, black, silver, and gobi.

LOL!! And here is the list of colors ^^^^^ :crazyeyes:

He said it in context of the diesel and it's 442 ft lbs of torque

Sent via....
What 13_gecko_rubi said ^^^^

Very cool new Jeep. I want the front facing camera and the bluetooth speaker would be fun to have, but not that necessary.

They are very cool features for sure. :yup:

Was just talking to the wife about the new truck. Her response was “its fine if you get the new truck. But, then I get your JL.” Good thing I got a year to think about this.

LOL!! Definitely a good thing you have some time to think about it. :crazyeyes:

Totally enjoyed your latest video, can't wait until you get one, lol

Awesome and I'm glad to hear you can't wait for me to get one too :D

Finally had the chance to watch it. Great job! I noticed you didn’t hug Mark like I asked .. [emoji23]

That happened before I got your message. :D