Dana 44 diff covers

Mr. Jeep

so sorry if this has been asked before,
but i wanting to buy a set of dana 44 diff covers for JL rubicon dana 44's , is there a difference in the years, old to new....
if so they should of called the new 44's something else,, like 45's or something..
thanks

WiscoHR

so sorry if this has been asked before,
but i wanting to buy a set of dana 44 diff covers for JL rubicon dana 44's , is there a difference in the years, old to new....
if so they should of called the new 44's something else,, like 45's or something..
thanks

Yes the diff covers are different than previous models of the Dana 44 used in the JK. The do call it something different as well. The new axles are Dana AdvanTEK 44 axles. Right now there are not many companies that have covers out for the new axles.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JIMBOX

:D Yeah, they're COMPLETELY DIFFERENT and you can't modify the old DANA 44's--

Try MOTOBLT--real solid 1/4" steel and about $100 ea !

SUNP0204_zpsrbicktt0.jpg

They come "UNPAINTED" so you'll have to pick a color !

Good luck

:thumb: JIMBO

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
:D Yeah, they're COMPLETELY DIFFERENT and you can't modify the old DANA 44's--

Try MOTOBLT--real solid 1/4" steel and about $100 ea !

SUNP0204_zpsrbicktt0.jpg

They come "UNPAINTED" so you'll have to pick a color !

Good luck

Meh I wouldn’t recommend motobilt. Kind of shady antics with there company. Solid parts, but not a fan of the way they act or do business.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, they're different. If you really feel the need to run new diff covers, I would recommend the one made by Dana as it'll have the optimal shape inside to encourage fluid up to the pinion. That being said, a Rancho diff skid would be a better choice up front if only because the stupid drain bolt on the front axle really needs to be protected.

As far as Motobilt goes, I can't say I'd ever recommend them due to the way they conducted themselves over on WAYALIFE.
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...-is-the-biggest-tool-in-the-industry-MOTOBILT

JIMBOX

:D Well, that's too bad-

I've seen RANCHO failutres for over 20 years and they're still going strong-

I've seen/read jeep ELOCKERS FAILURE, for over 20 years and I've had over 11 years with them --SUCCESS !

I've read of SMITTYBILT failures/miscast/misdrilled--for over 24 years and they're still going strong--so

It's a jungle out there and you just take your chances--

I also use HANKOOK DYNAPRO "E" range tires and have since the year 2000---they have been easy to balance and have SUPER STRONG SIDEWALLS -a tread(MT) that DOESN'T GRAB GRAVEL and -

I also have a set that's almost 9 years old--with smooth/no crack sidewalls--

You pick your own stuff for your jeep and I'll pick mine !

W.E.

JIMBO

Heh Heh, yeah--seems like I used a hammer before--I corrected it sorry !

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

I've seen/read jeep ELOCKERS FAILURE, for over 20 years and I've had over 11 years with them --SUCCESS !

I've read of SMITTYBILT failures/miscast/misdrilled--for over 24 years and they're still going strong--so

I also use HANKOOK DYNAPRO "E" range tires and have since the year 2000---they have been easy to balance and have SUPER STRONG SIDEWALLS -a tread(MT) that DOESN'T GRAB GRAVEL and -

W.E.

JIMBO

LOL!! Still not sure if I'm reading everything right but the corrections seem to help a bit.

That being said, I never suggested that you shouldn't pick your own stuff. I simply stated that in my opinion, there are better options and for the reason I stated and that I would never recommend Motobilt products due to how they conducted themselves on my other forum. This was more intended for the OP or others who might be interested and not necessarily directed toward you. :)

JIMBOX

:D Thanx for the explanation, but I knew that you weren't singling out me---

My statement " pick your own" was for the jeep community--new jeepers usually just go by price/ease of bolt on and don't care about company reputation-

I got MOTOBILT because they were just about the first mfg's of the NEW DANA DIFF. COVERS, now there's DANA/ARB/RANCHO--ETC--

The jeep is an expensive hobby(as you know) and USUALLY we modify IAW our own likes/dislikes and ideas-

I just made covers for my RUBY front bumper "VOIDS" after removing the END CAPS--and most guys couldn't care less about protecting the FOG LIGHTS WIRES/HARNESS'S and a lot just replace the front bumper anyway--

It's all good and I'm really impressed with your videos/garage/jeep stable

Good day

JeepFan

W.E.

JIMBO

Somebody is hitting the sauce early! :crazyeyes: :cheesy: