Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Intermittent Radio

Been Around the Block

Intermittent Radio

It might be possible if they installed multiple replacement units and they couldn't fix the problem. My issue is that the dealership ordered a replacement in February but keep telling me that it's back ordered and not available. I can believe this for a month or two, maybe. But for over 8 months? I doubt it.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.
    Last edited by YAHAHA; 10-30-2019 at 05:29 AM.

Fresh Catch
    I have this same issue, but only happens when itís cold outside and I donít let the Jeep warm up. Your posts have me not looking forward to address it when it gets worse. Congrats on the new Jeep though!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by Posithonas View Post
    I have this same issue, but only happens when itís cold outside and I donít let the Jeep warm up. Your posts have me not looking forward to address it when it gets worse. Congrats on the new Jeep though!

So if anyone is still following this thread, I discovered something interesting about this problem. I live in the Chicago land area and itís pretty cold right now. If a give the Jeep 10+ minutes to warm up I donít have this issue. If I give it 5minutes or less to warm up (starting it with the remote start) I get this problem. I pulled over as the radio was skipping tonight and shut off the engine and the radio worked fine. As soon as I restarted and began driving it would start to skip again. I shut off the engine and it would play normal again. Not sure why this happens but I did take a video and will talk to the dealer when I can get it in there for service. Iím curious if this is the same for anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    I'm pretty sure JeepFan had the same problem. Had something to do with the switch panel being that it's connected to the headunit.
    I havenít looked into it. My JT cuts out all the time. Super annoying

I had issues like this too. The crazy thing was while on the JLX I was having issues with my 4wd applying the rear passenger brake while in low 4. It was so frustrating. I ended up unplugging my Tazer which made the live features and auto start stop disable and all my issues including my radio issues magically disappeared. As for me I then realized my Tazer was the cause of all my weird issues I was having. Just a thought if you are running a Tazer.

Quote Originally Posted by Posithonas View Post
    So if anyone is still following this thread, I discovered something interesting about this problem. I live in the Chicago land area and itís pretty cold right now. If a give the Jeep 10+ minutes to warm up I donít have this issue. If I give it 5minutes or less to warm up (starting it with the remote start) I get this problem. I pulled over as the radio was skipping tonight and shut off the engine and the radio worked fine. As soon as I restarted and began driving it would start to skip again. I shut off the engine and it would play normal again. Not sure why this happens but I did take a video and will talk to the dealer when I can get it in there for service. Iím curious if this is the same for anyone else?

I have this exact issue. Pretty much anytime it gets cold and the Jeep is outside, the radio will skip no matter the source of audio ex SXM, Bluetooth, FM, etc. Was annoying last winter, went away cause of warm weather, now itís back.....had my dealership do an update which didnít fix the problem but now randomly it wonít skip anymore even if itís cold, had the pattern figured out but know I canít. Dealership said they would replace the radio but I donít know if thatíll fix it to be honest.

I had no sound from me head unit on my 2020 JLUR this morning. It did not work after I started it and backed out the garage. It was very cold. After looking online with my phone, I switched it to AM and then the sound came on. Man that was weird. Hoping it was a glitch, but it sounds like a lot of problems with the stereos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepJL View Post
    I had issues like this too. The crazy thing was while on the JLX I was having issues with my 4wd applying the rear passenger brake while in low 4. It was so frustrating. I ended up unplugging my Tazer which made the live features and auto start stop disable and all my issues including my radio issues magically disappeared. As for me I then realized my Tazer was the cause of all my weird issues I was having. Just a thought if you are running a Tazer.

I wish I could say itís because of a tazer but I donít have that.

Quote Originally Posted by Piginajeep View Post
    I havenít looked into it. My JT cuts out all the time. Super annoying
    LOL - for you, it's the roof rack. Very common problem as it sits over the sat antenna. Take it off and your radio will work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    LOL - for you, it's the roof rack. Very common problem as it sits over the sat antenna. Take it off and your radio will work fine.
    God damn it. That wonít happen.

I expect a write up next week for moving the antenna. Thanks in advance.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast