Intermittent Radio

That stink, if it helps show them my service ticket and see if they’re willing to call by dealer. I’ve had to issues since my repairs.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Did replacing the rear camera fix your issue? The dealer replaced the amp and radio and it still didn’t fix my issue, gonna give them a call tomorrow and setup an appointment for the rear camera as Jeep Cares said that would be the next step.

Got a call back from Jeep Cares saying that since I did the rear camera relocation kit that it counts as a modification and that I would have to buy the rear camera even though this issue has been a problem with my Jeep since the week I’ve gotten it and way before I did the relocation kit. Pretty annoying.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Got a call back from Jeep Cares saying that since I did the rear camera relocation kit that it counts as a modification and that I would have to buy the rear camera even though this issue has been a problem with my Jeep since the week I’ve gotten it and way before I did the relocation kit. Pretty annoying.

Well that sucks.

MrGiant

Kidding, right?
How a**holy can people be

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

Buggaboo

I had this same problem with my JLUR. The radio kept cutting out every few seconds, particularly when it was around 40F outside and colder. It didn’t seem to happen much at all on warmer days (I live in Texas). Long story short, I took it in a number of times complaining about it, and also had it on video acting up. My dealership rep filed it as a short in the head unit and ordered me another. One of the new guys in the service shop said they were having a lot of jeeps coming in with the same issue. 7 months later (yup, not a typo) my new head unit showed up. Said they had a hard time getting them in because they are apparently in high demand. Seems fine so far, but haven’t had it in cold weather with the new head unit. Time will tell.

Cheers,
Buggaboo

Hope having your head unit replaced helps out with your issue. They swapped mine out and it didn’t help, so I moved on to replacing the rear camera. Haven’t had cold weather in a bit so can’t say that it fixed it but I haven’t had a issue yet. Like you said time will tell.

Buggaboo

Hope having your head unit replaced helps out with your issue. They swapped mine out and it didn’t help, so I moved on to replacing the rear camera. Haven’t had cold weather in a bit so can’t say that it fixed it but I haven’t had a issue yet. Like you said time will tell.

Yeah me too. I’m kind of in limbo right now waiting on it to cool back off. Camera swap is the next step if it keeps acting up.

Cheers,
Buggaboo

Jeeeep

I've had ongoing issues with the head unit since I bought my 2018 JL, of course the dealer has not been able to replicate any of the issues so they do nothing other than keep the Jeep a few days and put more mileage on it.

Recently the navigation went into a "Please Wait" during a trip. The audio portion of the navigation and the smaller in dash section were still working as i approached the exit but the head unit itself was stuck on please wait until I restarted the Jeep.

Hoping the video I took gets the dealer to replace it before it goes out of warranty.

Hope I don’t jinx myself but it got down into the 30s here in CO. Didn’t have the radio skip like it did last winter after replacing the rear camera, hopefully it stays like that. Gonna leave the Jeep out of the garage tonight as it’s supposed to get to 29 degrees, let you guys know if it happens today or tomorrow.

JTCO

Meme King
Both the radios on our JT and JL will just stop working randomly. Then if we shut off the Jeeps and restart at a later time, it works fine. Its a little annoying but I doubt we'll take them in unless it happens more often.

DavidDJL69

My radio cuts off occasionally when the satellite is blocked by the side of a steep mountain or other impediment. At l ast that’s what I surmised. Had radio unit antenna and wiring replaced by under warranty when the nav had me turning circles in remote Idaho. Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app