Intermittent Radio

YAHAHA

It might be possible if they installed multiple replacement units and they couldn't fix the problem. My issue is that the dealership ordered a replacement in February but keep telling me that it's back ordered and not available. I can believe this for a month or two, maybe. But for over 8 months? I doubt it.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

Last edited:

Posithonas

I have this same issue, but only happens when it’s cold outside and I don’t let the Jeep warm up. Your posts have me not looking forward to address it when it gets worse. Congrats on the new Jeep though!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

So if anyone is still following this thread, I discovered something interesting about this problem. I live in the Chicago land area and it’s pretty cold right now. If a give the Jeep 10+ minutes to warm up I don’t have this issue. If I give it 5minutes or less to warm up (starting it with the remote start) I get this problem. I pulled over as the radio was skipping tonight and shut off the engine and the radio worked fine. As soon as I restarted and began driving it would start to skip again. I shut off the engine and it would play normal again. Not sure why this happens but I did take a video and will talk to the dealer when I can get it in there for service. I’m curious if this is the same for anyone else?

JeepJL

I had issues like this too. The crazy thing was while on the JLX I was having issues with my 4wd applying the rear passenger brake while in low 4. It was so frustrating. I ended up unplugging my Tazer which made the live features and auto start stop disable and all my issues including my radio issues magically disappeared. As for me I then realized my Tazer was the cause of all my weird issues I was having. Just a thought if you are running a Tazer.

So if anyone is still following this thread, I discovered something interesting about this problem. I live in the Chicago land area and it’s pretty cold right now. If a give the Jeep 10+ minutes to warm up I don’t have this issue. If I give it 5minutes or less to warm up (starting it with the remote start) I get this problem. I pulled over as the radio was skipping tonight and shut off the engine and the radio worked fine. As soon as I restarted and began driving it would start to skip again. I shut off the engine and it would play normal again. Not sure why this happens but I did take a video and will talk to the dealer when I can get it in there for service. I’m curious if this is the same for anyone else?

I have this exact issue. Pretty much anytime it gets cold and the Jeep is outside, the radio will skip no matter the source of audio ex SXM, Bluetooth, FM, etc. Was annoying last winter, went away cause of warm weather, now it’s back.....had my dealership do an update which didn’t fix the problem but now randomly it won’t skip anymore even if it’s cold, had the pattern figured out but know I can’t. Dealership said they would replace the radio but I don’t know if that’ll fix it to be honest.

Polaris Pro

I had no sound from me head unit on my 2020 JLUR this morning. It did not work after I started it and backed out the garage. It was very cold. After looking online with my phone, I switched it to AM and then the sound came on. Man that was weird. Hoping it was a glitch, but it sounds like a lot of problems with the stereos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posithonas

I had issues like this too. The crazy thing was while on the JLX I was having issues with my 4wd applying the rear passenger brake while in low 4. It was so frustrating. I ended up unplugging my Tazer which made the live features and auto start stop disable and all my issues including my radio issues magically disappeared. As for me I then realized my Tazer was the cause of all my weird issues I was having. Just a thought if you are running a Tazer.

I wish I could say it’s because of a tazer but I don’t have that.

So got an update. Went to the dealer, did a new update and the problem still exists. They are saying it’s the head unit/amp.

I’m in the same boat as you. I have noticed after the update that it’ll still do it when it’s cold out but after I turn it off and leave it for a hour or two even when it’s just as cold out it won’t cut out every couple a seconds and the problem won’t come back. If it does come back it’s cause it’s night time and it got cold out again. I’m so confused as to why this problem happens when it’s in the 30s-40s.

Hoffer

A few months ago my radio did the same thing for one day. Wasn't cold outside. It's been fine ever since.

YAHAHA

Thanks for the info on warm up times. Did you have the radio on or off during warm up?

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.