The Jeep Gladiator Truck is FINALLY Here - 2018 LA Auto Show PICS

NFRs2000NYC

Wonder how this thing compares to the new power wagon. The wagon will have a v8 no doubt, the 8 speed, front/rear solids with lockers, so besides being a bit bigger, curious what you guys think would make someone pick the gladiator vs the power wagon.

I know you guys hate TFL, but they are the only ones with the seemingly leaked power wagon.

Piginajeep

Wonder how this thing compares to the new power wagon. The wagon will have a v8 no doubt, the 8 speed, front/rear solids with lockers, so besides being a bit bigger, curious what you guys think would make someone pick the gladiator vs the power wagon.

I know you guys hate TFL, but they are the only ones with the seemingly leaked power wagon.

Who the fuck Is TFL? Never heard of her .

I have a 3500 Ram, I don’t expect my Ram to do Jeep things and I don’t expect the new Gladiator to do truck things.

It would be like comparing the ranger to the F250. They are not meant to perform the same.

2012 JK8
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

Piginajeep

I’ve been thinking the same thing. The bed comes off. The hard work of the conversion is done. Cut the last 12” off the frame and throw a military style bed on it. [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I’m sure someone will come out with a kit. I’m curious to see how the Jeep responds Offroad with no weight over the back tires.

I know my JK8 feels really light compared to my JKU.

2012 JK8
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

JeepJL

I’m sure someone will come out with a kit. I’m curious to see how the Jeep responds Offroad with no weight over the back tires.

I know my JK8 feels really light compared to my JKU.

2012 JK8
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

That’s a really good point. Maybe a 80 with so fluid filled 40s will do the trick. [emoji13]

I’m super excited to watch this evolve.

JTCO

Meme King
View attachment 7209

2012 jk8
1958 fc170
1954 m38a1

Gator green and sting gray for the win!

View attachment 7217
View attachment 7218

Some screenshots I nabbed from Jeep’s reveal video.

View attachment 7220

IMG_20181206_180530_169.jpg

Looking at all these photos, this thing definitely appears to have a slight rake. First thing I'm doing is leveling it in the front. Even with 2 bikes in the rear, it still appears to have the rake.

JTCO

Meme King
I’m sure the rake is set for the tongue weight on a 7000lb trailer

I'm sure it totally is. Most manufacturers do that. But honestly, I can't see most Jeep owners even with purchasing the truck, towing more that 5k. I think those on the fence will go with a full-size instead. I think it's badass that it's designed with such a high towing capacity, but I predict many buyers won't use it to it's full potential.

Hell, my previous boat was 22 ft and weighed 4500 lbs and it still looked goofy as fuck behind a super crew F150. I can't imagine buying this truck and pulling something like that just because of the subconscious idea of it (especially with a 6 cylinder).

Even if the potential is there and unused, I plan on fixing the rake right away just because it will look 'cooler' at Home Depot while picking up my potting soil.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I'm sure it totally is. Most manufacturers do that. But honestly, I can't see most Jeep owners even with purchasing the truck, towing more that 5k. I think those on the fence will go with a full-size instead. I think it's badass that it's designed with such a high towing capacity, but I predict many buyers won't use it to it's full potential.

Hell, my previous boat was 22 ft and weighed 4500 lbs and it still looked goofy as fuck behind a super crew F150. I can't imagine buying this truck and pulling something like that just because of the subconscious idea of it (especially with a 6 cylinder).

Even if the potential is there and unused, I plan on fixing the rake right away just because it will look 'cooler' at Home Depot while picking up my potting soil.

It’s nice that you can, but I don’t see it either. That’s a good bit of weight.

WiscoHR

I agree if I get one I’ll never tow with it.