Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43

Thread: Death Wobble on Stock JL

  1. #31
    Caught the Bug Hooligan_JL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    59
    Does anyone know the caster for a JL Rubicon? On Eddies write up he indicates 4 degree while someone on this thread said 4.8 degree?



    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  2. #32
    Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooligan_JL View Post
    Does anyone know the caster for a JL Rubicon? On Eddies write up he indicates 4 degree while someone on this thread said 4.8 degree?



    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    With the fad, you can add more. I think up to 6į

    Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  3. #33
    Caught the Bug Hooligan_JL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    59
    What happens if you add more than 6? Drive shaft vibrations?


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  4. #34
    Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooligan_JL View Post
    What happens if you add more than 6? Drive shaft vibrations?


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Bone stock jl Rubicon?

    Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  5. #35
    Caught the Bug Hooligan_JL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by olram30 View Post
    Bone stock jl Rubicon?

    Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Iím sorry, I wasnít clear on my questions.

    What is the factory caster set to on a bone stock Rubicon JL?

    What happens if you add more than 6 degrees of caster to a 2.5 inch lifted Jeep with 37 inch tires? Will the front driveshaft vibrate at highway speeds when the 4x4 is engaged?




    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  6. #36
    Meme King WJCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Mom's Basement
    Posts
    2,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooligan_JL View Post
    Iím sorry, I wasnít clear on my questions.

    What is the factory caster set to on a bone stock Rubicon JL?

    What happens if you add more than 6 degrees of caster to a 2.5 inch lifted Jeep with 37 inch tires? Will the front driveshaft vibrate at highway speeds when the 4x4 is engaged?




    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    See this post. Stock caster is 4 or a little over 4 degrees : https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.ph...ll=1#post12270

    I don't know what you consider highway speeds, but I wouldn't recommend using the 4x4 at highway speeds. If the roads are that bad where 4WD is needed, highway speeds are scary as fuck.

  7. #37
    Nothing but a Thing
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,121
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    See this post. Stock caster is 4 or a little over 4 degrees : https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.ph...ll=1#post12270

    I don't know what you consider highway speeds, but I wouldn't recommend using the 4x4 at highway speeds. If the roads are that bad where 4WD is needed, highway speeds are scary as fuck.
    Spec for stock rubicon is about 4.8. Sahars about 5.5, sport about 6. My sport was 6.1 before I messed with it. It's about 7.1 now after sight lift and relo brackets. If wasnt for fad wouldn't do that.

    Sent via....

  8. #38
    Guy with a Red 2-Door Cozdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Posts
    726
    Quote Originally Posted by 13_gecko_rubi View Post
    Spec for stock rubicon is about 4.8. Sahars about 5.5, sport about 6. My sport was 6.1 before I messed with it. It's about 7.1 now after sight lift and relo brackets. If wasnt for fad wouldn't do that.

    Sent via....
    I remember Eddie was saying the fad is great because of how much caster is allows you to run. This just proves that

  9. #39
    Nothing but a Thing doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    1,472
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    I don't know what you consider highway speeds, but I wouldn't recommend using the 4x4 at highway speeds. If the roads are that bad where 4WD is needed, highway speeds are scary as fuck.
    I concur. In fact, I was surprised that the manual states that you can shift into 4H while traveling as fast as 45 mph.

    20190108_191957.jpg

  10. #40
    Caught the Bug Hooligan_JL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    59
    Great info. Now, what happens if you go over 6 degree on caster?

    For example, 7 or 8 degrees? Is that when people start experiencing drive shaft vibration? Of course with the FAD, you wonít feel it in 2 wheel drive but will it be felt on 4 wheel drive?

    Sorry if Iím making this complicated. Id like to just know why you canít go 7 or 8 degrees.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •