Death Wobble on Stock JL

JeepJL

Great info. Now, what happens if you go over 6 degree on caster?

For example, 7 or 8 degrees? Is that when people start experiencing drive shaft vibration? Of course with the FAD, you won’t feel it in 2 wheel drive but will it be felt on 4 wheel drive?

Sorry if I’m making this complicated. Id like to just know why you can’t go 7 or 8 degrees.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I’d try and stay around 5.5-6.0. After 6 you start getting into the front pinion pointing down. I’m running right at 6 with 3.5” lift and no driveline vibration in 4hi on the highway. It drives really nice too with those numbers. Factory my rubicon was right at 4.0.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Four Flusher

Spec for stock rubicon is about 4.8. Sahars about 5.5, sport about 6. My sport was 6.1 before I messed with it. It's about 7.1 now after sight lift and relo brackets. If wasnt for fad wouldn't do that.

Sent via....

Relo brackets, as in LCA drop brackets? Which brand did you add? Did it help with the Michigan pot holes?

13_gecko_rubi

Relo brackets, as in LCA drop brackets? Which brand did you add? Did it help with the Michigan pot holes?
Ya drop brackets. Running Rancho brackets.

The only thing that would help Michigan pot holes is an airplane lol. But yes it corrected all the geometry back to stock like. I will remove them when I go long arm but for now they work great on road. One more thing to snag off road. Did same in my JK early on.

Sent via....