Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Building the Mistress.

Fresh Catch
    Where did you get the 1941 decal? Looks really good...

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

How are you liking the Roam front bumper? Easy install with the winch mounted that way? Does it seem like it'll take a hit or two on some rocks? Thanks for the info!

I love the Roam bumper. It was an easy install. Everything fit right. I like the recessed winch. The winch is in there tight, but still had enough room for my big hands. I think the bumper will stand up to abuse. It also has a life time warranty and was disigned and built in the US.

The MIstress got the lift put on the other day. I installed the Rancho 2in sport lift. I used Eddie's install video and the instructions to complete the lift. I upgraded to the 9000 series shocks also. I am getting close to having The Mistress done....if there is such a thing. I am just waiting on the rear bumper/tire carrier to be released from Roam. They have been so swamped with orders for their side armor/steps, Frame mounted and or body mounted that they have not been able to get rear bumpers out. I built a four wheel air up system for the Mistress and I am working on the hoist for the hard top in the garage. When it gets warmer out, I am thinking about having the ceramic coating applied to the Mistress. O and I had the front windows tinted here recently.

Some picks of the recent changes.

My air up and down system. One compressor, airs up all four tires, or airs them all down at the same time. When I got done building it, I realised that I probably could have bought it cheaper than building it after I figured in all my time and running around to find the parts.

The a couple shots with the lift on. I flexed in the driveway and overall after having the lift on for a couple days now I can say that I am happy with it. If I went any higher, my wife would have struggled to get in.

Then this is a couple shots out in my fields and woods.

In a couple weeks, I will be leading about 15 or so Jeeps on a trail run here in Michigan. I have bought some HAM radios and if the weather cooperates, may have a cb installed by then.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm waiting on the low bull bar option from Roam. I like the simplicity and the price is spot on! They're saying the end of the month. You ended up with a Smitty winch, correct? Did you have to mount the control pack on the top of the bumper or is that how it sits? Wondering about the fit of a ZEON...

I'm intrigued by the air up/down system that you built. Did you mount a compressor in the jeep or is it portable?

The Mistress is looking great!

Quote Originally Posted by HiCenterd View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! I'm waiting on the low bull bar option from Roam. I like the simplicity and the price is spot on! They're saying the end of the month. You ended up with a Smitty winch, correct? Did you have to mount the control pack on the top of the bumper or is that how it sits? Wondering about the fit of a ZEON
    I'm intrigued by the air up/down system that you built. Did you mount a compressor in the jeep or is it portable?

The Mistress is looking great!
    Yes, I have the 12,000 pound Smittybilt x20 winch. My wife was being nice and ordered it for me for my birthday as a surprise. It had very good rating on Amazon, so I kept it. The control pack is mounted on top of the bumper.

I built an air hose that airs up and down all four tires at the same time. When all was said and done, I could have bought the air hose built for about the same price. I may have saved 20 bucks......maybe. It looks good and functions as it should.

I like that it will balance out the tires to be the same pressure. The compressor is a Viair 400P-RV and is portable. I have ATVs and SxS also so I wanted a compressor that I could take with us in the motorhome if the Jeep stayed home. It is a full kit and has 60 feet of air hose also.

Quote Originally Posted by wibornz View Post
    Yes, I have the 12,000 pound Smittybilt x20 winch. My wife was being nice and ordered it for me for my birthday as a surprise. It had very good rating on Amazon, so I kept it. The control pack is mounted on top of the bumper.

I built an air hose that airs up and down all four tires at the same time. When all was said and done, I could have bought the air hose built for about the same price. I may have saved 20 bucks......maybe. It looks good and functions as it should.

I like that it will balance out the tires to be the same pressure. The compressor is a Viair 400P-RV and is portable. I have ATVs and SxS also so I wanted a compressor that I could take with us in the motorhome if the Jeep stayed home. It is a full kit and has 60 feet of air hose also.

Nice, simple system. I was secretly hoping you had an ingenious mounting system on the JL... Portable makes perfect sense, though. Thanks again!

Sent from my moto x4 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123