Trail Grappler psi?

Rubiconchris

Just put 35X12.50X17 Nitto Trail Grapplers on my JL Rubi's stock rims. I know alot of you guys have tons of experience with these tires. What should I run on road for good wear and what's a safe/comfortable psi on the rocks? Can I get away with a 5000 mile rotation schedule? Running 40 psi right now and it really doesn't feel bad. I hate when the outside edges wear quick because of low street pressure on mt's. I appreciate your help.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Just put 35X12.50X17 Nitto Trail Grapplers on my JL Rubi's stock rims. I know alot of you guys have tons of experience with these tires. What should I run on road for good wear and what's a safe/comfortable psi on the rocks? Can I get away with a 5000 mile rotation schedule? Running 40 psi right now and it really doesn't feel bad. I hate when the outside edges wear quick because of low street pressure on mt's. I appreciate your help.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

40 psi is way to high! The Mac your jeep should run is 35 as it says on your door.

For the most even wear do the chalk test. Do a thick line of chalk across your tire and drive 50 feet. If it wears only In the middle then lower the psi. On the edges raise the psi. Do this till you find where it’s wearing across the whole tire evenly.

When I last had 35’s on my jk I ran them at 28. You will find it’s different for every jeep depending on what mods and how much weight they have added on. The chalk test is the best method