Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aec Trooper Mojito Badassery

Been Around the Block
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Here's a shot of our JL with the new Rancho 3.5" coils installed. It yielded me 4" up front and a whopping 4.75" in the rear. In this pic, I have the rear end loaded up with a lot of gear and the rear end sagged to about 4", maybe a bit more. As you can see, the top of my rear tire sits above the bottom of the rear fender.

The top of your friend's JL's rear tire looks like it's sitting in line with the bottom of the rear fender.
    Yes I agree but... remember this is a fresh install. I expect things to settle within a week or two and I will take some more pics and compare this recon kit to Kims JL with the rock Krawler 3.5" lift

Quote Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
    dont shoot the messenger I did not take before and after measurements but I will defer to what you posted as I consider you an expert. I did more then help....I was the lead on the install as I have the same lift on my JK. I always help anyone in y club when asked.
    I'm no expert, just going off of what I see and based on the lifts I've installed on a JL. Oh, I also made sure to take stock measurements. Check for yourself and see what you actually have.

https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.ph...ur-JL-WRANGLER

Quote Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
    Yes I agree but... remember this is a fresh install. I expect things to settle within a week or two and I will take some more pics and compare this recon kit to Kims JL with the rock Krawler 3.5" lift
    LOL - Half an inch maybe but if that lift really settles 1.5", that's one hell of a shitty lift.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    I'm no expert, just going off of what I see and based on the lifts I've installed on a JL. Oh, I also made sure to take stock measurements. Check for yourself and see what you actually have.

https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.ph...ur-JL-WRANGLER

LOL - Half an inch maybe but if that lift really settles 1.5", that's one hell of a shitty lift.
    Eddie, since you ran both a 2.5 and 3.5" lift. What would you recommend for 37's? I saw your rubicon video that you were getting a lot of scraping noises that you did not have with your jk. Is the 3.5" worth the sacrifice of the higher cg or would you go back to 2" lift?

Quote Originally Posted by anotheraznguy View Post
    Eddie, since you ran both a 2.5 and 3.5" lift. What would you recommend for 37's? I saw your rubicon video that you were getting a lot of scraping noises that you did not have with your jk. Is the 3.5" worth the sacrifice of the higher cg or would you go back to 2" lift?
    Honestly, the 3.5" is a bit too tall for my taste or at least, for 37's. No lie, it literally yielded about 4" up front and 4.75" in the rear. If anything, it makes me want to run 40's but of course, I'm not stupid enough to do that with factory axles. If it were me and 37's were all I were going to run, I would still go with the 2.5" kit.

IMG_0086.JPG

Here is an evo 3.5 stage 4. The tires are 37x13.50r 17 cooper stt pros. Doesn't seem anywhere near as high as the rancho Eddie. I had the evo spacer lift before hand.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Bsimon187 View Post
    IMG_0086.JPG

Here is an evo 3.5 stage 4. The tires are 37x13.50r 17 cooper stt pros. Doesn't seem anywhere near as high as the rancho Eddie. I had the evo spacer lift before hand.
    EVO has always been good about offering lit kits that yield what they advertise. Likewise, Rebel has always been known to offer REALLY TALL lift kits. It's kind of their thing and it's why most of their customers seem to want. Just not my cup of tea is all.

Caught the Bug
    Looks good. Post some flex pics once it gets on the trails. I would love to see how it performs on the rocks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12