Repairs

Rembocanoe

So I bought my 2018 JL in June of this year and opted to get the Mopar GPS tracking security system. The vehicle had less than 50 miles on it. And when they installed the system they scratched my dash and somehow disabled the locking mechanism on the passenger door. My radio gets Fair reception at best even with local stations. I'm now at 13,000 miles (which I know is a lot to travel in a short period of time) and the dealership still has not repaired the damage. They say they are unable to get the dash piece that needs to be replaced and what they keep offering is to paint it. I'm not a fan of that solution. I've been very patient but I'm beginning to wonder if I'm going to have scratches all over my dash for the entire life of my vehicle. By the way the GPS system doesn't work properly for the first two months they would randomly call me and say something's wrong with my vehicle. When they try to ping it it would not work I think they've completely disabled the security as I have stopped receiving phone calls. My question to the masses has anybody had any problems with getting dash components my dealership says they are unable to receive the components as the vehicle is still in high production. I included one picture but there are 11 similar stratches across the dash.20180601_185544.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

So I bought my 2018 JL in June of this year and opted to get the Mopar GPS tracking security system. The vehicle had less than 50 miles on it. And when they installed the system they scratched my dash and somehow disabled the locking mechanism on the passenger door. My radio gets Fair reception at best even with local stations. I'm now at 13,000 miles (which I know is a lot to travel in a short period of time) and the dealership still has not repaired the damage. They say they are unable to get the dash piece that needs to be replaced and what they keep offering is to paint it. I'm not a fan of that solution. I've been very patient but I'm beginning to wonder if I'm going to have scratches all over my dash for the entire life of my vehicle. By the way the GPS system doesn't work properly for the first two months they would randomly call me and say something's wrong with my vehicle. When they try to ping it it would not work I think they've completely disabled the security as I have stopped receiving phone calls. My question to the masses has anybody had any problems with getting dash components my dealership says they are unable to receive the components as the vehicle is still in high production. I included one picture but there are 11 similar stratches across the dash.View attachment 7006

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
They most certainly CAN order that piece

Sent via....

JTCO

Meme King
I would check with parts dept yourself just to find out if their statement holds true. Then go from there. Regardless, they should have taken care of this.