Serv 4wd error message?

Bsimon187

So yesterday was out in Harlan doing some wheeling on some wet and sloppy trails. We just came out of a rock garden and we're headed up some steep climbs. I switched from 4lo to 4hi and drove for about 10 minutes. All of sudden heard a weird noise kinda like a clunk, the got a message to service 4wd and an issue with the sway bar. None of the indicators would tell me what the t-case was in and it felt like there was an abnormal about of play in the transfer case shifter. I could tell I was in 4hi still and when we got to a stopping point, I cut the Jeep off and let it sit for like 30 minutes. Turned it back on and all back to normal. Ran the next 6 hours with no issues. The weird thing was the off road pages was showing weird things to. It was grayed out on most of sections and missing random things like elevation and coordinates. Anyone else see something like this?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

dixonk

Bringing this thread back to life. Just had mine give the same message trying to use 4LO. Running in 4HI all was fine. Switched to 4LO and it gave service 4WD and sway bar disconnect unavailable. Turned Jeep off and back on again and put back in 4HI and all was fine. Repeated trying 4LO and same thing every time.

Did you find a resolution?

Bringing this thread back to life. Just had mine give the same message trying to use 4LO. Running in 4HI all was fine. Switched to 4LO and it gave service 4WD and sway bar disconnect unavailable. Turned Jeep off and back on again and put back in 4HI and all was fine. Repeated trying 4LO and same thing every time.

Did you find a resolution?

Maybe you didn’t have it fully engaged? When I was kind of practicing putting it in 4 low one time I didn’t get it, shifter was in between & I got “Service 4WD”. Back to 4 Hi & a restart cleared it.

dixonk

Maybe you didn’t have it fully engaged? When I was kind of practicing putting it in 4 low one time I didn’t get it, shifter was in between & I got “Service 4WD”. Back to 4 Hi & a restart cleared it.

Nope. It was an idiot move on my part. After installing my gears I put both fields in the taser for 4HI and 4LO to 4.88. The 4LO setting should be 4.00 for the transfer case.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

HERIKANE

So just another situation I encountered with the Serv4WD message as an FYI (prob uncommon)... I had just taken delivery on a new JLUR and second day of ownership, tried to shift TC into 4low and msg lit up! Freaked me out as we had a w/e of trail-riding planned. OBD suggested a sensor issue which I was advised might be a parts back order issue. Not happy. BUT quickly discovered to be a disconnected wire...reconnected and been perfect ever since. [emoji56][emoji120]

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

So just another situation I encountered with the Serv4WD message as an FYI (prob uncommon)... I had just taken delivery on a new JLUR and second day of ownership, tried to shift TC into 4low and msg lit up! Freaked me out as we had a w/e of trail-riding planned. OBD suggested a sensor issue which I was advised might be a parts back order issue. Not happy. BUT quickly discovered to be a disconnected wire...reconnected and been perfect ever since. [emoji56][emoji120]

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
Which connector was loose?

Hella Yella 2018 JLUR. V6. Auto. Uniden 880 cb. Vision X Dura-M460 cube lights.