Running 35's on stock Rubi?

Rubiconchris

I just ordered 35X12.50X17 Nitro Trail Grapplers. I'm putting them on my stock JL Rubi rims. No spacers, No lift. Looking for people's opinions that KNOW if I'll still have full range in steering. And how bad they will rub at full stuff.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You should be okay on steering but you'll get rubbing on the inner fender liners at a full stuff. Nothing bump stop extensions can't fix or some trimming but you can always just deal with it too.

drhcobra

Will a 35X12.50X17 Trail Grappler fit on the tailgate with a stock rim? It's not here yet.

Yes, you will need to do a couple simple modifications. I had the plastic bumper and all you need is about 1/2" of spacers on the studs on the carrier before you put it on. With the steel bumper I think you may need to remove the plastic cover in the middle. Camera cover wont go back on unless you trim it.

I had lots of room with cooper stt pro 315 70r17:
Spare-2.jpgJeep-8.jpg

Rubiconchris

Yes, you will need to do a couple simple modifications. I had the plastic bumper and all you need is about 1/2" of spacers on the studs on the carrier before you put it on. With the steel bumper I think you may need to remove the plastic cover in the middle. Camera cover wont go back on unless you trim it.

I had lots of room with cooper stt pro 315 70r17:
View attachment 7017View attachment 7018
That's good info thanks. What did you use for the spacers?

drhcobra

I used some 1/2" poly scrap I had laying around. Cut out with a 2" hole saw then drilled to fit the studs. A stack of washers will work. I also did not have to change the isolators, was nice and tight with stock ones.

JrBiem

I can't speak to the Rubicon as I have a sport so not sure how different it'll be. But I had 315/70r17s put on the stock 17" wheels at the dealership prior to my lift and needed wheel spacers because they rubbed at full lock (went with spydertrax 1.75" spacers). My mothers sport got 35x12.5 KO2s with no lift and doesn't need spacers.

Rubiconchris

I can't speak to the Rubicon as I have a sport so not sure how different it'll be. But I had 315/70r17s put on the stock 17" wheels at the dealership prior to my lift and needed wheel spacers because they rubbed at full lock (went with spydertrax 1.75" spacers). My mothers sport got 35x12.5 KO2s with no lift and doesn't need spacers.
Been trying to get them to rub for 2 weeks. Hasn't happened yet. IMAG4125.jpeg