New JL baja build

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
“So you say there’s a chance”

Good to know. Need more $$.

Wonder if they will perfect this on the JL to our perform the JK.

I'm pretty sure EVO is working on it.

Is the DTD street-able?

LOL!! Been my daily driver for years. I work from home and have racked up almost 200k miles on it. Driven my JK all across the country, wheeled it wherever I could and then drove it back home again.

13_gecko_rubi

Not a fan of IBS. Unless you're riding tall, you're always in the bumps and your ride is shit. PSC was running IBS on the JLX and he was hating his ride. Also, a shock that offers 15" of travel doesn't mean squat to me. ACTUAL vertical travel is what I'd want to know. Air bump for big hits are nice but they're no replacement for triple bypass shocks.
Fox IBP shock design so so much better than King and can allow many more zones to fix exactly what you were talking about. The issue is they are a royal pita to tune and u basically need tons of detailed info about your Jeep and have them custom made by Fox to put the bypass zones in the right spot. I almost went this route on my JK but after talking with Fox I decided that was way too much. Had I lived out west where I could take it to them I may have done it. They are much easier to package for sure. But two shocks will always work better obviously.

Sent via....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Fox IBP shock design so so much better than King and can allow many more zones to fix exactly what you were talking about. The issue is they are a royal pita to tune and u basically need tons of detailed info about your Jeep and have them custom made by Fox to put the bypass zones in the right spot. I almost went this route on my JK but after talking with Fox I decided that was way too much. Had I lived out west where I could take it to them I may have done it. They are much easier to package for sure. But two shocks will always work better obviously.

Sent via....

Yup, I think that was Tom's problem - he had Fox IBP's and literally came out to the JLX without doing any tuning.

Deeznutsoff

I'm pretty sure EVO is working on it.

LOL!! Been my daily driver for years. I work from home and have racked up almost 200k miles on it. Driven my JK all across the country, wheeled it wherever I could and then drove it back home again.

What axles did you run on this JK?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My daily driver :cool:

20180812154427-c1139fee-me.jpg

Deeznutsoff

Talked to accutune off road. They suggest external bypass with the Currie suspension kit.

Said they’ve been running it in Baja and Barstow and getting great results.

Any thoughts?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Talked to accutune off road. They suggest external bypass with the Currie suspension kit.

Said they’ve been running it in Baja and Barstow and getting great results.

Any thoughts?

I've never been one to trust someone who's in the business of selling me stuff but then, that's just me.

Deeznutsoff

Maybe I took it the wrong way. They sell the Currie kit at retail price and you buy their tuned fox external shocks and spring set up.

I assume their selling point is their ability to set up and tune suspension. Like shock therapy suspension, they have the in the tubes and valves built to their specs. And use a different dual rate coil that they had made.

Last edited:

WiscoHR

Maybe I took it the wrong way. They sell the Currie kit at retail price and you buy their tuned fox external shocks and spring set up.

I assume their selling point is their ability to set up and tune suspension. Like shock therapy suspension, they have the in the tubes and valves built to their specs. And use a different dual rate coil that they had made.

I’d like to see some pictures of the JL with bypasses they speak of. For some reason I don’t think it exists.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

I’d like to see some pictures of the JL with bypasses they speak of. For some reason I don’t think it exists.

I know Gerald Lee from Savvy is running fox external triple bypass shocks front and rear, that's the only one I know of at moment. I've seen a few custom build like the one Dixie off road did that are running coilovers and bypasses front and rear.

All that said Accutune typically does fox internal bypass shocks in their kits. At least they did for the JK. They are actually good at tuning but a single internal bypass shock per corner still won't let the OP run 30 mph through 2' whoops.

Sent via....

WiscoHR

I know Gerald Lee from Savvy is running fox external triple bypass shocks front and rear, that's the only one I know of at moment. I've seen a few custom build like the one Dixie off road did that are running coilovers and bypasses front and rear.

All that said Accutune typically does fox internal bypass shocks in their kits. At least they did for the JK. They are actually good at tuning but a single internal bypass shock per corner still won't let the OP run 30 mph through 2' whoops.

Sent via....

Basically where I was I headed. I’m sure someone is trying that set up but still not going to get the performance of coilovers and bypass shocks. But I bet coil springs and external bypasses could be tuned for an amazing ride for a daily driver and spending the weekend in the rocks. It gets me thinking, might be a great setup for what I use my JL for. Having the first zone nice and soft to just soak up the day to day bumps would be great.

But for the money I’ll probably just get coilovers.