So my 2019 JLUR has been built and Approved from Shipping

Hooligan_JL

I will post up the final deal after delivery. My dealer sent me a copy for my deal that states "For Internal Use Only" I am very good at math. I am at %6 under invoice.

The vehicle sticker is 51715
Invoice is 48806
our agreed sale price was 45876.

Doc fee is 210

Still have sales tax and places and title, but that is my fine for living in Michigan and driving on our terrible roads.

Your numbers are correct. I also just checked mine again and I am indeed at 7.1% below Invoice and 13.2% below MSRP not including the 299.00 doc fee.

I’ve heard of others getting 7.5%-8% off Invoice.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

Your numbers are correct. I also just checked mine again and I am indeed at 7.1% below Invoice and 13.2% below MSRP not including the 299.00 doc fee.

I’ve heard of others getting 7.5%-8% off Invoice.

You are very very close to those numbers you state yes. Your actual MSRP is 56,760 (that gas charge shown on your picture only goes to invoice not to actual MSRP). I'm looking at your order now :)

I do see they have it marked w/ finance so they are getting some back there. But if there is no other back end stuff I don't get it. Does it require tread lightly too? Or no?

I'd definitely like to see the final deal jacket at end if you don't mind. I see that dealer has a shit ton of custom orders. I can see a dealer trying to make one a few hundred and push volume but at the numbers you gave an showed they are in red.

Sent via....

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
You are very very close to those numbers you state yes. Your actual MSRP is 56,760 (that gas charge shown on your picture only goes to invoice not to actual MSRP). I'm looking at your order now :)

I do see they have it marked w/ finance so they are getting some back there. But if there is no other back end stuff I don't get it. Does it require tread lightly too? Or no?

I'd definitely like to see the final deal jacket at end if you don't mind. I see that dealer has a shit ton of custom orders. I can see a dealer trying to make one a few hundred and push volume but at the numbers you gave an showed they are in red.

Sent via....

Don-a-vee? Tuttle click? Spill the beans. Lol

Hooligan_JL

Sent via....

Like you, I’ve purchased several vehicles but not all from the same dealer. I am very familiar with the way dealers operate and how they can manipulate numbers to “cover” certain things up but in this case, the numbers are clear. Last December I purchased a GLE 350 for my wife and was able to get 15% off MSRP.

WWRuby_Svi

Also, does not require tread lightly. And not part of any affiliate program. Only requirement was getting financed through their lender.

I’ve heard but may be wrong that dealers working with lenders will get very low interest rates and then can turn around and make an offer to the buyer at a higher interest rate. The rate is still reasonable for the buyer but at the end of the day the lender is making money and then the dealer is making money.

This is why GM is advertising around 15% off their vehicles but you have to use their financing... they make it up in interest.

4wd

Sent via....
There is something else going on, but also there are mega dealers out there, none by me, that may go for the volume play and service play and give up making money on the selling part. Any one stated they are getting 6% below invoice is doable since invoice is 4% below MSRP. American cars have long be able to get 10% off MSRP, if you play you cars right. Boats you want to shoot for 20%. I am not sure why a dealer would go below 10% in general for a vehicle that is this years model and selling well. The other odd fact is there are websites that show what the average is that people are paying, it is not 13-16% below MSRP. So either everyone else is stupid or there are other factors at play.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

4wd

I've seen numerous dealers doing 5-6% under invoice ADVERTISED. One has a $699 doc fee, another in PA doesn't. They will do the 5% under invoice and honor the 1% treadlightly as well.
699 doc fee is an overcharge, money back to the dealer on that one

13_gecko_rubi

There is something else going on, but also there are mega dealers out there, none by me, that may go for the volume play and service play and give up making money on the selling part. Any one stated they are getting 6% below invoice is doable since invoice is 4% below MSRP. American cars have long be able to get 10% off MSRP, if you play you cars right. Boats you want to shoot for 20%. I am not sure why a dealer would go below 10% in general for a vehicle that is this years model and selling well. The other odd fact is there are websites that show what the average is that people are paying, it is not 13-16% below MSRP. So either everyone else is stupid or there are other factors at play.

Your numbers are off some but not far. Dealers pay invoice when they buy the vehicle which is less than 4% below msrp. Yes they get holdback and a few other things after sale but at 6% below invoice they are losing money unless you have ep, cdi, affiliate, etc which is essentially a rebate.

Sent via....

4wd

Like you, I’ve purchased several vehicles but not all from the same dealer. I am very familiar with the way dealers operate and how they can manipulate numbers to “cover” certain things up but in this case, the numbers are clear. Last December I purchased a GLE 350 for my wife and was able to get 15% off MSRP.

Was it a 2018 or left over 2017 model? Color? Odd package on the car? Seating on the lot for awhile? There are other factors that go into how much a dealer is will to drop the price. I still am guessing these are one off deals.

4wd

Your numbers are off some but not far. Dealers pay invoice when they buy the vehicle which is less than 4% below msrp. Yes they get holdback and a few other things after sale but at 6% below invoice they are losing money unless you have ep, cdi, affiliate, etc which is essentially a rebate.

Sent via....
Agree, my main point is most people are not paying 13-16% below MSRP. Anyone on any given day can win the lottery, but to do so and act like it is the norm makes no sense. I think the lottery case might be few and far between, for the others the dealer is making money some how else where (ex. Financing). We will never now all the factors at play. Did i mention my brother owns a dealership up north. I got my car for 50% MSRP....[emoji16]