Tow Hitch

Shadowfire

Normally some one does a video on how to...this was too simple. For the Steel bumpers there is a spacer installed on on side of the 4 bolt holes need to mount the hitch adapter. Remove the Two bolts, loosen the bumper a few threads on each of 2 nuts on the right and left rear and two bolts on the bottom. Wiggle the spacer out slide the adapter up align with the 4 holes, install the new hardware some kits reuse the spacer bolts mine did not. That simple. I found the Rugged Ridge adapter online for $35 shipped. The stealer wanted $395 for it...suck it Trebek!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Shadowfire

Lol Next will be the Aux switches and the Tow harness. I’ll try to do better on pics but when I get going I usually just press on to get it done. If I run into any snags or issues I’ll try to note that. Both of those installs require a flash so no choice but to go to the stealer after. But it should cover both with 1 visit. I think the tazer JL will do it but not permanent. If I unmarry it to trade or sell I’m back to stock. If I’m wrong someone chime in..

Rhinebeck01

Lol Next will be the Aux switches and the Tow harness. I’ll try to do better on pics but when I get going I usually just press on to get it done. If I run into any snags or issues I’ll try to note that. Both of those installs require a flash so no choice but to go to the stealer after. But it should cover both with 1 visit. I think the tazer JL will do it but not permanent. If I unmarry it to trade or sell I’m back to stock. If I’m wrong someone chime in..

No reason to go to the dealer to enable Aux or Tow. Buy yourself a Tazer JL Mini from ZAutomotive. Sells for $329.00 . The Tazer JL Mini can enable Aux and Tow!

You'll pay the dealer $200+ or minus to enable Aux and Tow.

Do research the Tazer JL Mini. Does lots... and when you sell your JL you will be able to sell the Tazer JL Mini for more then half what you paid for it. Were you to give the dealer the $ for the programming, well, those $ are lost forever.

Jeeeep

the wiring wasn't already in place?

damn, I bought mine without the tow kit, I need to check for the wiring

Shadowfire

No reason to go to the dealer to enable Aux or Tow. Buy yourself a Tazer JL Mini from ZAutomotive. Sells for $329.00 . The Tazer JL Mini can enable Aux and Tow!

Do research the Tazer JL Mini. Does lots... and when you sell your JL you will be able to sell the Tazer JL Mini for more then half what you paid for it. Were you to give the dealer the $ for the programming, well, those $ are lost forever.

Thanks the Tazer sounded like an option but from what I have read when you unmarry it for service/recalls/whatever it goes back to stock which disables it until you re-set it up again. I want it to be part of the stock setup. I installed the aux switches as I was doing the tow wiring and now it is under the same warranty as the Jeep since it’s a mopar kit. As luck would have it the dealer added it for free. I still haven’t finished the tow wiring probably won’t until spring since I have to go to Delaware for a cpl months. It’s thru the firewall and stowed under the passenger floor seal. I may still do the tazer but only after the trailer setup is done.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

BradyWhiteJLU

I'm so glad I ran across this info about the tazer!!