Arb Twin Compressor

JTCO

Meme King
Has any manufacturer made a bracket to mount this type of compressor in the engine area yet?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I haven't heard of any yet. Are you 100% sure that is where you want it? I run a twin inside on my WJ and it stays clean and works every time. My wife's Jeep has the single under the hood and it's filthy. Still works but it definitely gets dirty.

Bsimon187

There is a guy on another forum that makes a mount for the engine compartment. It basically mounts to the driver side and hangs down behind the inner fender liner then has an additional brace that mounts to one of the fender liner holes for additional support. I have part of it installed but I keep going back and forth because it seems a little low for my liking for water crossings. I'll try to find a pic.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
There is a guy on another forum that makes a mount for the engine compartment. It basically mounts to the driver side and hangs down behind the inner fender liner then has an additional brace that mounts to one of the fender liner holes for additional support. I have part of it installed but I keep going back and forth because it seems a little low for my liking for water crossings. I'll try to find a pic.

Was the “on another forum” part necessary? Couldn’t you just tell us how he did it?

Hooligan_JL

I haven't heard of any yet. Are you 100% sure that is where you want it? I run a twin inside on my WJ and it stays clean and works every time. My wife's Jeep has the single under the hood and it's filthy. Still works but it definitely gets dirty.

Excellent point! I’ve never owned one and totally understand the under the hood thing. I’m not trying to mount it in the back as I need as much space as possible but would explore the under the seat option.

JTCO

Meme King
Excellent point! I’ve never owned one and totally understand the under the hood thing. I’m not trying to mount it in the back as I need as much space as possible but would explore the under the seat option.

Look into the MORE cargo mount. That's where I run mine in my WJ. I have 3 kids, carry a fridge, a welder, fluids, tools, and camping gear. IMO, it really doesn't infringe on my gear storage.

IMG_20170115_152058_042.jpg