Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JL-EXPERIENCE : REUNION - PART 1 | Overlanding Across the Mojave Desert

JL-EXPERIENCE : REUNION - PART 1 | Overlanding Across the Mojave Desert

For those of you who are new to the world of Jeeps, there's an event that Mel Wade of Off Road Evolution had started years ago and it was known as, the JK-Experience or JKX for short. It was a week long off road adventure that took place all over the country and it was designed to showcase the Jeep JK Wrangler and all the aftermarket products being made for it. Of course, with the introduction of the all new Jeep JL Wrangler, the event has now become the JL-Experience and in 2018, it would take participants on an 1,100 mile journey and across four states.

It'd been a while since Cindy and I had attended this event and being that this time around, it literally started the day after SEMA, we weren't too sure if we could make it happen. But, being that this was the very first JLX, you know it was something that we just had to be a part of and we're so glad we did. If nothing else, it turned out to be a reunion of sorts as we got to hook up with old friends and some of which we haven't seen in a very long time. It really was good to see and wheel with everyone again and honestly, that alone made it all worth the while.

While Mel still runs the show, the JL-Experience is now a Nitto Tire event and this particular one was presented by KMC Wheels. To film the trip, they hired David Brumbley, a very talented and professional videographer and he will be responsible for the official video. Ali Mansour from Nitto's DrivingLine was also invited to cover the event and being that both guys were filming with badass RED cameras and DJI drones, you can be sure that awesome videos are coming your way. With that said, what you're about to see here is NOT an official video for the JLX. In fact, Cindy and I would like to apologize ahead of time for the marginal quality of our Sony Handycam, the lack of good camera angles and awesome footage of Jeeps from the outside as we could only film what we could. However, what we do have to offer you is a video journal, a behind the scenes look of what this trip was like and from our perspective.

In this first episode of REUNION, you'll get to see us meeting up with everyone at our starting point was in Primm, NV and you'll even get to see how some of the JL Wranglers, such as PSC and Synergy are built. From there, we'll take you on a ride across the Mojave Desert and along a length of the Old Mojave Road as we made our way to our destination of the day, Laughlin, NV. We know it isn't much but we hope you can still enjoy it for what it is.

WIN RANCHO SWAG
    Wanna WIN a Rancho lower control arm/shock skids for your JL Wrangler and a cool backpack too? Simply post up on our REUNION JL-Experience videos and once the series is over, a WINNER will be selected and with any luck, it'll be you!

RANCHO-GIVEAWAY.jpg

Been Around the Block tallguy26's Avatar
    Awesome. Looks like I have a new video to watch on my lunch break.

Sent from my SM-G950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Cant get enough of your content! Saw what happened in IG and can't wait to see the vid.!

Love it!!! Looks like Iíll be staying up all night watching all the JK experience videos! Canít wait for the rest of the JLX!!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

So refreshing to see a video like this. You guys kick ass. Brings me back to the old days of the jkx videos capturing the every moment of goods and the bads on film. Thank you both Eddie and Cindy. Although busy and exhausted, you created a perfect quality video.

Awesome video... Looking forward to more

Do you ever worry about your bottle jack leaking in your rig?

Maybe I just have bad luck with bottle jacks but I've had one tip over and leak all over my garage floor and another leak in the bed of my pickup.

When i read people talking about preferring bottle jacks to hi-lifts I assumed they carried them in ammo cans or something leakproof as opposed to a small duffle bag

Makers 46, my favorite! Awesome video, cant wait for the next part!

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Great video, loved watching the behind the scenes stuff, that's what it's all about, not just the trail. So far looks like a Great time. Synergy boys have got to get a spare tho!

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by tallguy26 View Post
    Awesome. Looks like I have a new video to watch on my lunch break.
    We hope you enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by anotheraznguy View Post
    Cant get enough of your content! Saw what happened in IG and can't wait to see the vid.!
    Thank you. We apologize for not having better footage. Being that we weren't the film crew, we could only get what we could and when we could.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandikes96 View Post
    Love it!!! Looks like Iíll be staying up all night watching all the JK experience videos! Canít wait for the rest of the JLX!!
    LOL!! Thank you, we're so glad to hear you enjoy our videos

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    So refreshing to see a video like this. You guys kick ass. Brings me back to the old days of the jkx videos capturing the every moment of goods and the bads on film. Thank you both Eddie and Cindy. Although busy and exhausted, you created a perfect quality video.
    No lie, we're crazy beat but so glad to hear you liked what you saw. It was pretty frustrating to not be able to get the kind of footage we really wanted and was hoping people wouldn't be bored to tears with what little we were able to get.

Quote Originally Posted by CalSgt View Post
    Awesome video... Looking forward to more

Do you ever worry about your bottle jack leaking in your rig?

Maybe I just have bad luck with bottle jacks but I've had one tip over and leak all over my garage floor and another leak in the bed of my pickup.

When i read people talking about preferring bottle jacks to hi-lifts I assumed they carried them in ammo cans or something leakproof as opposed to a small duffle bag
    I dunno, I've had this bottle jack for years and years and it's never leaked on me.

Quote Originally Posted by StingRubi19 View Post
    Makers 46, my favorite! Awesome video, cant wait for the next part!
    Definitely a fine whiskey. So glad you enjoyed the video too

Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    Great video, loved watching the behind the scenes stuff, that's what it's all about, not just the trail. So far looks like a Great time. Synergy boys have got to get a spare tho!
    LOL!! Yeah, what you don't see in the video is that they had a plug kit.
    It was all good though.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast