JL-EXPERIENCE : REUNION - PART 1 | Overlanding Across the Mojave Desert

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video! :yup:

But it is yet another reminder of how bad my offroading/camping life (or lack thereof) has sucked for the a while.

It was very nice to see Greg in the video. It's been a long time and it is great to know he is doing well.

It really has been way too long since we've had you out on the trail with us!

Loved the video! You guys truly show the personal side of the trips the best. The personal relationships and fun you guys have are what really make the trip an experience!

Thanks! It was great to see and wheel with old friends again and we're glad that we could share the fun we had with you.

Yea, I only have 1 complaint about ALL your videos....they are too short lol. I need like a 2-3 hour titanic length feature film :D

LOL!! You're too kind.

RMC2

I was finally able to finish watching this. Even though it was mostly commentary, it was still fun to watch and includes footage that will not make other videos. Honestly, your story telling is a huuuge part of what makes your videos enjoyable.

It was was good to see Greg home safe from his other job. Hooah! (haven’t seen anything from him in a while).
I was also curious if Randy was going to be around for JLX, so it was cool to see him out supporting as usual.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another well done video!

Thank you my friend :)

I was finally able to finish watching this. Even though it was mostly commentary, it was still fun to watch and includes footage that will not make other videos. Honestly, your story telling is a huuuge part of what makes your videos enjoyable.

It was was good to see Greg home safe from his other job. Hooah! (haven’t seen anything from him in a while).
I was also curious if Randy was going to be around for JLX, so it was cool to see him out supporting as usual.

Thank you, we're so glad you enjoy our story telling. :cool:

Been looking forward to watching the JLX videos, can’t wait for the future ones!

Hoping to get the next one done and posted soon. :)

Spack

JL-EXPERIENCE : REUNION - A Behind the Scenes Look at the 1st Annual JLX / PART 1

2 things. Eddie, I’ve been there. You weren’t faking that first scene sitting against JetLi at all. That was pure exhaustion and I appreciate all the work you and Cindy did at SEMA. 2nd, loved Greg’s expression when Harris set the rim. I think Greg is my favorite Crony. I’d like to see more of him and Harris riffing off each other.

One more thing. I think it’s all the “behind the scenes” stuff that you and Cindy do that sets your videos heads and shoulders above others. I love watching the Jeeps, but the interaction between drivers and the way you come up with fixes on the trail as that certain je ne sais quoi. Can’t wait to see the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What a great video. Cannot wait to see the next part.

Thank you, we're so glad you liked it and part 2 is in the works now :yup:

2 things. Eddie, I’ve been there. You weren’t faking that first scene sitting against JetLi at all. That was pure exhaustion and I appreciate all the work you and Cindy did at SEMA. 2nd, loved Greg’s expression when Harris set the rim. I think Greg is my favorite Crony. I’d like to see more of him and Harris riffing off each other.

One more thing. I think it’s all the “behind the scenes” stuff that you and Cindy do that sets your videos heads and shoulders above others. I love watching the Jeeps, but the interaction between drivers and the way you come up with fixes on the trail as that certain je ne sais quoi. Can’t wait to see the rest.

LOL!! No, there was no faking that. That first scene was filmed on Friday right after we left SEMA. It was too early to check into our hotel for the night and so we found an old concrete pad on the edge of town to just chill for a hour or so. I was crazy beat by then. The shots heading down to Primm were actually filmed on Saturday.

We're so glad that you can enjoy our home movies highlighting this event. :cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Superb as always. Sometimes I think we may take your videos for granted, but I sure enjoy seeing them and learning from them. Thanks for the time and effort you spend putting them together. We all benefit very much.

Thank you. Cindy and I enjoy making our videos and sharing them with people like you. :)

HiCenterd

Great video and fun to see all the prototype gear in action!
Would the Tazer allow you to bypass the rear locker issue out on the trail or does that locker need to work in order to get the front locker to operate?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

MrGiant

Thank you. We know our place in this world and know that we could never compete with the pros that are making the official video. We are glad to hear that you still enjoy our videos just the same though :)

LOL!! We just know that our little Sony Handycam can't hold a candle to a RED and then there's all the shots the film crew was able to get that we weren't.

Awesome, we're glad that we could take you along for the ride :cool:

Ambers are a must if you spend a lot of time in groups out in the desert. That being said, I was pretty impressed with how much you could actually see the JL LED tail lights too. Clearly, not as well but way better than the incandescent lights.

Thank you, we just wish we could have gotten more shots from the outside like the film crew. This as opposed to doing most of our filming from inside our Jeep looking out the windows.
As always a nice video, I am very curious about the next one. Talking aboit competition with pros....I always liked your videos (jkx13, 14) much more than the "footage" of 2017 for example, these just s***. So, keep doing what you do, its fun to watch

Sent from my SM-G950F using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

mbty22

great video as always.... but you need to make them longer ;). I like watching to get ideas in which direction I would like to go with my rig. Looking forward to part two!!

Mike

Firejeep

Don’t sell yourself short on your videos, they are great. It’s been a few years since I drove that trail, this vid makes me want to to have my own Mojave JLX.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video and fun to see all the prototype gear in action!
Would the Tazer allow you to bypass the rear locker issue out on the trail or does that locker need to work in order to get the front locker to operate?

You need to have the rear on in order for the front to work.

Thanks for the video! Def. Some great info especially the hydro assist update and Mels locker bypass wires. What were those part numbers again? :)

Man, I'll have to look and see if we got that somewhere. If not, I'm sure I could get it from Mel.

As always a nice video, I am very curious about the next one. Talking aboit competition with pros....I always liked your videos (jkx13, 14) much more than the "footage" of 2017 for example, these just s***. So, keep doing what you do, its fun to watch

Well, we appreciate it. We know we don't have the equipment or experience but try our hardest to keep it real and share our personal experiences. We're so glad that you enjoy what you see. :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
great video as always.... but you need to make them longer ;). I like watching to get ideas in which direction I would like to go with my rig. Looking forward to part two!!

Mike

LOL!! We're glad to hear you felt what we made was short. :yup:

Awesome video! More importantly, great capture of the friendship you guys have built over the years. Seems like a great group of people to wheel with!

Oh yeah, we go way back and it's always a good time. :cool:

Don’t sell yourself short on your videos, they are great. It’s been a few years since I drove that trail, this vid makes me want to to have my own Mojave JLX.

Thank you, we appreciate it.

Cool video and perspective. Sucks people can’t help to fix their own rigs. Looks like it was overlanding in some dust though. Fun part of the country.

It was crazy dusty. I so wanted to back off but didn't want to be "that guy" that missed a turn because we fell too far back. :crazyeyes: Definitely love the desert.