Jeep Truck Image Possibly Leaked

winters211

Love it, but too bad the spacing of the rear axle is not more centered in the bed. The proportions of the crew chief was spot on!

CanadaJeep

Caught the Bug
looks nice, a few things I would change is the rear door should be like the front and the rear fender shouldn't go up into the cab area, think it would look better just on the box (maybe move the rear tire back) :twocents:

YAHAHA

The back door does look odd. I understand if they are going to keep it the same as the 5-door rear doors for cost savings though.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It’s gonna be really hard for me to wait. I could tow my jeep with the jeep truck (probably never would) and the diesel would be nice but not sure I can wait another year. Would you do turbo or 3.6?

Probably the 3.6L. The 2.0L is cool but it's so new. The 3.6L has been around long enough that the improvements made to it are really nice now. Coupled with the 8-speed auto, I've found it to be a great setup. Also, I have a feeling the truck will hold its value really well. IF I determine a diesel would be a lot better to have, I'd be okay with trading what I have in.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Probably the 3.6L. The 2.0L is cool but it's so new. The 3.6L has been around long enough that the improvements made to it are really nice now. Coupled with the 8-speed auto, I've found it to be a great setup. Also, I have a feeling the truck will hold its value really well. IF I determine a diesel would be a lot better to have, I'd be okay with trading what I have in.

I was wondering that. What will the resale be.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Shadowfire

I think the first year or so of the Diesel is gonna be rough..so I’m holding out until the kinks are worked out. It’s gonna be a chunk of change and I hate spending time at the dealer already. Emissions delete and chip it.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

benatc1

I'm a big fan, I will certainly own one down the road. By that time, the diesel will be worked out and on the market so I'll be able to make a decision then. This could make a sweet rig with lots of room and potential.

I will say based on the power you get with the 3.6, 8 speed, and 4.10s I'd say you probably have plenty but I've always been partial to diesels and depending on how clean it burns and high the mpg is it might be worth their upcharge.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Shadowfire

Why on Earth would you think that? That's like saying the first year of the 3.6 will be rough.

Sent via....

Primarily because first runs have lots of “oh yeah or why didn’t we think that through” etc Prime example was the 3.8 TBH lots of people were skeptical of the 3.6 because of that 3.8. Anyway that much torque mated to the current drive train alone will present some problems especially how some of the guys here wheel. Good example is the first year Ram Eco ... it ain’t all cherries. I know Fiat knows Diesel they run more Diesel in Europe than we do here, been doing it longer on more vehicles. But the added weight, our stupid emissions laws, power, torque vetch etc. If I’m wrong nothing lost but a few color options. If I’m right I save myself the headache. Love the New JL already have owned 2 but the recall list on these are growing and whoever the QA people are there need to be fired.

13_gecko_rubi

Primarily because first runs have lots of “oh yeah or why didn’t we think that through” etc Prime example was the 3.8 TBH lots of people were skeptical of the 3.6 because of that 3.8. Anyway that much torque mated to the current drive train alone will present some problems especially how some of the guys here wheel. Good example is the first year Ram Eco ... it ain’t all cherries. I know Fiat knows Diesel they run more Diesel in Europe than we do here, been doing it longer on more vehicles. But the added weight, our stupid emissions laws, power, torque vetch etc. If I’m wrong nothing lost but a few color options. If I’m right I save myself the headache. Love the New JL already have owned 2 but the recall list on these are growing and whoever the QA people are there need to be fired.

The first year ram eco was the first year for that engine in the USA so I get it for sure. But the eco has been used for 5 years now. Never hurts to wait but they change things every year. You may not no it changed but literally every year things are changing. And what makes you think with that torque it will be the same drivetrain? :)

Sent via....

Dale72

Caught the Bug

8wr_zj

I had 11 miles on my f350 when i removed the egr and def system and put it an offroad only sotf tunning. Thats why its is farm truck only....just gravel roads offroad only. Now has 211k miles no issues other than a small oil leak from the vacuum pump. 12 dollar seal.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk