Rubicon springs on Sahara???

Lenny

on my JK I was able to put the Rubicon springs on my Sahara and get about a 1.5 inch height increase..
Does any one know if this still works on the JL's?
I have a friend who is getting rid of his JL rubicon springs and I want to put them on my JL Sahara..

drhcobra

My buddy just put a Rubi suspension on his sport and got about 1.5". If you do it make sure he labels the springs. Each one is specific to its corner.

JL54

I did Rubicon JL take offs on my JL sport, easy swap gained 1.5 inches.. put rubi wheels n tires also.. watched Eddie’s video on the dynatrac lift and will most likely go with that in the summer.. [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

On a Sahara you'll get 0.5-0.75" lift. The Sahara suspension from factory is half way between Sport and Rubicon Seems a lot of work for next to nothing.

Sent via....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
On a Sahara you'll get 0.5-0.75" lift. The Sahara suspension from factory is half way between Sport and Rubicon Seems a lot of work for next to nothing.

Sent via....

Thank you for posting this up! The 1.5" of lift I keep hearing from guys who've done this just seemed like crazy wishful thinking to me. At least, from what I could see anyway.

13_gecko_rubi

Thank you for posting this up! The 1.5" of lift I keep hearing from guys who've done this just seemed like crazy wishful thinking to me. At least, from what I could see anyway.
Ya by default a Rubicon suspension is set 1" higher from factory than a Sport. But a Rubicon weighs more too as they usually have way more options. So 1-1.5" on a Sport I can kind of see if u got springs off a fully loaded up Rubicon and put them on a pretty low equipped Sport. Sahara will get half the benefit if that as they are generally pretty loaded up too.

Sent via....