Veterans Day

JP223/3USA

I want to say thank you to those who are serving and have served. Across the world we come together and remember the sacrifices that have been made by veterans and family of veterans.

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering." --Bruce Lee

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

YAHAHA

After growing up in the late 60s / early 70s, I'm so glad that people are giving veterans the respect they earned and deserve.

Now we have to work harder at getting veterans the benefits they deserve. One of my co-workers gave up on getting his glasses from the VA after 2 years of waiting.

Thank you veterans for your service.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

justin mazzon

After growing up in the late 60s / early 70s, I'm so glad that people are giving veterans the respect they earned and deserve.

Now we have to work harder at getting veterans the benefits they deserve. One of my co-workers gave up on getting his glasses from the VA after 2 years of waiting.

Thank you veterans for your service.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

Hear, Hear!:thumb:

JP223/3USA

I come from a family of 4 generations who served in the military including myself. My grandpa was a POW for 17 months in WW2. He was presumed dead and my grandma had an empty casket burial for him.

Last edited:

LoD Offroad

Advertiser
Supporter
Along with everyone else, LOD OffRoad would like to thank all of our veterans, and those currently serving! What a huge sacrifice and price you pay to keep us all safe. May peace be with you no matter how hard it might be.

CSMYRUBICON

Thank you

Im a disabled combat veteran from Operation iraqi Freedom,the last war that started in march 2003, i know its march but i havent been on here long and just wanted to say thank you to all of you, as far as being a combat veteran it took almost 10yrs to just get the 70% disability rating i have now, and there was absolutely no reason why i shouldnt have 100% and the decision could have been made for it 10 years ago,they had all the proof and paperwork right in front of them, i got put out a year maybe a little more into my 2nd reenlistmant due to getting hurt, the VA is not as good as people think, and also its extremly hard to get a job when you get out of the military, even with veterans preference which is mostly bull because they find ways around it, i was going to school to get my A&P license,and using my g.i.bill, and i had straight A's and one B all the way thru, a month b4 taking my FAA exams for them i fractured my spine and herniated 4 discs in my lower back,had to take medical leave from the school, after getting to the point to where i could attend again and finish the school said i had to start completly over but i didnt have enuff gi bill to do it, so i couldnt then one of my VA claims went thru from 4 yrs or so earlier and i was supposed to get 24000 dollars back pay that would have saved my and my families house from getting foreclosed on and they took my backpay money stateing that i owed and had to pay my gi bill back that i earned and on my first enlistment one of my bonuses was a 40000 college fund, when i got out i found out they combine the gi bill and that and divide it and so u only end up with knowhere near what you where supposed to get, ive got hearing loss,shrapnel in me,bought lost my family on several occasions not to mention all the other stuff that has happened over the years and to this day im still fighting for 100% its the least they could do, and they wonder why some vets are pissed off, its because they shit on us all the time, anywsy, im just trying to vent i guess, my grandfather was in ww2 and lost several brothers,my uncles where in vietnam, and one went back to iraq as a contractor in 2003 and spent 5 yrs there doing that, and its been the same througout my family, thank you all again for showing appreciation that most of the time i dont feel like i deserve anymore,but deep down know i did a lot of things most people wouldnt or couldnt and my wonderful keeps me trying and going. God bless all, and best to u

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Im a disabled combat veteran from Operation iraqi Freedom,the last war that started in march 2003, i know its march but i havent been on here long and just wanted to say thank you to all of you, as far as being a combat veteran it took almost 10yrs to just get the 70% disability rating i have now, and there was absolutely no reason why i shouldnt have 100% and the decision could have been made for it 10 years ago,they had all the proof and paperwork right in front of them, i got put out a year maybe a little more into my 2nd reenlistmant due to getting hurt, the VA is not as good as people think, and also its extremly hard to get a job when you get out of the military, even with veterans preference which is mostly bull because they find ways around it, i was going to school to get my A&P license,and using my g.i.bill, and i had straight A's and one B all the way thru, a month b4 taking my FAA exams for them i fractured my spine and herniated 4 discs in my lower back,had to take medical leave from the school, after getting to the point to where i could attend again and finish the school said i had to start completly over but i didnt have enuff gi bill to do it, so i couldnt then one of my VA claims went thru from 4 yrs or so earlier and i was supposed to get 24000 dollars back pay that would have saved my and my families house from getting foreclosed on and they took my backpay money stateing that i owed and had to pay my gi bill back that i earned and on my first enlistment one of my bonuses was a 40000 college fund, when i got out i found out they combine the gi bill and that and divide it and so u only end up with knowhere near what you where supposed to get, ive got hearing loss,shrapnel in me,bought lost my family on several occasions not to mention all the other stuff that has happened over the years and to this day im still fighting for 100% its the least they could do, and they wonder why some vets are pissed off, its because they shit on us all the time, anywsy, im just trying to vent i guess, my grandfather was in ww2 and lost several brothers,my uncles where in vietnam, and one went back to iraq as a contractor in 2003 and spent 5 yrs there doing that, and its been the same througout my family, thank you all again for showing appreciation that most of the time i dont feel like i deserve anymore,but deep down know i did a lot of things most people wouldnt or couldnt and my wonderful keeps me trying and going. God bless all, and best to u

Straight A’s in school and yet not a single period in that entire paragraph. :thinking:

sharkey

Word Ninja

I'm so confused. Did you fracture your spine and herniate 4 discs after your military service? While you were going to school?

CSMYRUBICON

Straight A's in school,one B, obviously you dont know what an A&P License and cert is, if all you have time for is getting on a forum to dog someone about a period in a sentence, thats sad, what have you done? Im not one to get on forums and argue with people im not one to stand and argue period, arguements are a waste of time and energy,never get anywhere,but if any one day you feel like a big boy,ah ill leave it at that, i fought for the idea and the ability of freedom, you can thank me and every other soldier out there for your right to post stupid crap, your welcome. Period.😗

CSMYRUBICON

Yes it was after i got out, and it was an honorable discharge, there was a 19 yr old kid that had moved down to where we lived at the time and was living in a dump he was renting with 3 other people and hated it so bad he was gonna quit the school,so i told him we had an extra room at my house and he could stay there and continue to go to the school and not have to pay anything, while i was helping him move out of his old place and into mine it was raining and i picked up one end of a dresser and went to stand up with it not lifting like i should have because i was on the edge of the bed when i did i heard a loud pop which where the discs apparently,he heard it as well and at the same time my legs gave out, sending me falling outta the truck.

JTCO

Meme King
Straight A's in school,one B, obviously you dont know what an A&P License and cert is, if all you have time for is getting on a forum to dog someone about a period in a sentence, thats sad, what have you done?

Lol. You do realize he was just having a little fun right?

...but if any one day you feel like a big boy,ah ill leave it at that,

I don't think big boys fight over punctuation and grammar in real life, but I could be wrong.

CSMYRUBICON

Simply trying to point out here how a lot of veterans are really treated people, because it isnt all rosy and great like they try to paint a pic of on the news, if you wanna find out what its really like, go to the U.S. ARMY recruiting office, sign up for my job or any combat arms job, get thru all the schools if you are tough enuff and have the discipline and courage to do it,then go spend 1,2,3,4 or more years in direct combat, and then come back home,re enlist again to go back for more or like in my case i re-enlisted on the front steps of one of Saddam Hussein's palaces in Tikrit,Iraq in 2004 while mortors where coming in and landing all over the FOB, while this was happening i took another oath to my country and my brothers that where by my side,which some of did NOT come back, then after a plathora of things happening to you during combat and after,come on home and see how well you do,especially right off the bat, then come back on here and be a smartass about not having a single period, or whatever else pops up, i BET money,hell ill bet my jlur on it that you would not make the dumbass comments that will probably be in this thread, and that is here already! And to everyone that has been nice and the thank yous, thank you. Its greatly appreciated, and shows your character, im not looking for charity or pat on the back,just trying to help people see how a big majority of combat vets are still being treated and thrown aside.............🇺🇸