Veterans Day

CSMYRUBICON

WJCO! No i did not! if so i do apologize, new to the forum, and get a little angry when i think about it, thanks for pointing out, my apologies if playing

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Simply trying to point out here how a lot of veterans are really treated people, because it isnt all rosy and great like they try to paint a pic of on the news, if you wanna find out what its really like, go to the U.S. ARMY recruiting office, sign up for my job or any combat arms job, get thru all the schools if you are tough enuff and have the discipline and courage to do it,then go spend 1,2,3,4 or more years in direct combat, and then come back home,re enlist again to go back for more or like in my case i re-enlisted on the front steps of one of Saddam Hussein's palaces in Tikrit,Iraq in 2004 while mortors where coming in and landing all over the FOB, while this was happening i took another oath to my country and my brothers that where by my side,which some of did NOT come back, then after a plathora of things happening to you during combat and after,come on home and see how well you do,especially right off the bat, then come back on here and be a smartass about not having a single period, or whatever else pops up, i BET money,hell ill bet my jlur on it that you would not make the dumbass comments that will probably be in this thread, and that is here already! And to everyone that has been nice and the thank yous, thank you. Its greatly appreciated, and shows your character, im not looking for charity or pat on the back,just trying to help people see how a big majority of combat vets are still being treated and thrown aside.............[emoji631]

You are the reason people don’t like or want to help veterans. You voluntarily signed up for the military. Nobody forced you.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

dixonk

I want to bite my tongue and walk away from this topic, but I can't. CSMYRUBICON you need to dial it down. If you are a vet then you are representing all of us and coming on here bitching about your VA disability claims process and how you feel cheated and deserving of so much more and embellishing in your servicing record is not becoming of someone with a military background. If you joined for a pat on the back then you did it for the wrong reason. If you joined to embellish in your awards and achievements then again you did it for the wrong reasons. Brother I am with you on the VA stuff but we don't air our dirty laundry out on a public forum. That shit is reserved for the bar with beer and fellow vets or sitting in the VA hospital waiting your turn for your appointment.

There are some new appeals rules and regulations that came out this year that simplifies things especially for people that have earned a CIB, CAB, CAR, and CMB. You may talk to a DAV rep to find out about this. Get your paperwork in for a BVA hearing and plead your case. If you look at how ratings are awarded you will quickly see that getting that 100% is not easy and to be truthful if you can hop up in a lifted Jeep you have to question if you really need it. Just please stop the "poor disabled vet" spiel on here.

CSMYRUBICON

OK, apparently you all did NOT read the last one, and Brother! I dont go to the bar for reasons, airing out my dirty laundry on here,NOT what im doing, the poor veterans spill,NOT what im doing, Did you even pay attention to what you read? Honestly a pat on the back? Are you for real? Im not trying to get into and like i stated in my other post, i joined and did what i did, for the idea of freedom,and for the freedom that give people like you and everyone else on here the right TO MAKE ASSUMPTIONS ON SOMETHING ABOUT ME YOU DONT KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT! Wheres that lifted jeep i hopped up into again,i cant see it! And even if i did, you saying that just because someone can get in a jeep, that there not a disabled vet? Are you? Next time before you post something, why dont you read them instead of making that ass outta yourself on a thread, if you had of, you would see the answers to your questions as of why i joined and why i posted all that! Maybe i do need to start using periods more instead of just typing! Read the previous post! Damn i got so much i wan a say to you but its not fair to the other people on here, AGAIN TRY READING THE POST THOROUGHLY!

sharkey

Word Ninja
... If you look at how ratings are awarded you will quickly see that getting that 100% is not easy and to be truthful if you can hop up in a lifted Jeep you have to question if you really need it...

^^Totally agree with everything you said, but I really want to highlight this point. I know the law unfortunately doesn't work this way, but if someone is capable of gainful employment then they are not 100% disabled in my book.

The fact that this particular individual was in A&P school, was able to move furniture into a truck, and can get in and out of a Jeep, tells me that he did not leave his military service 100% disabled and unable to find gainful employment (at least in real world disability terms.) The fact that he injured himself (or further injured himself) post-service only adds to the complexity of the matter but there is no freakin' way the taxpayers should be paying his way for anything related to his post-service injury.

As an aside, my brother happens to be a very well-respected doc at a VA hospital; his wife is a psychologist at the same hospital. They both give up quite a bit of pay to work in that setting and to help vets, and they do so at pretty significant risk of personal harm. Not a month goes by without a veteran physically attacking staff, even security, in the waiting room. Fortunately, the other veterans typically jump in to control the attacker and protect the staff. Not all VA hospitals are bad, and most of the people working there are truly trying to do a good thing for deserving vets.

Last edited:

dixonk

OK, apparently you all did NOT read the last one, and Brother! I dont go to the bar for reasons, airing out my dirty laundry on here,NOT what im doing, YES IT IS the poor veterans spill,NOT what im doing, YES IT IS Did you even pay attention to what you read? YES I I DID Honestly a pat on the back? Are you for real? YES I AM. Im not trying to get into and like i stated in my other post, i joined and did what i did, for the idea of freedom,and for the freedom that give people like you and everyone else on here the right TO MAKE ASSUMPTIONS ON SOMETHING ABOUT ME YOU DONT KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT! Wheres that lifted jeep i hopped up into again,i cant see it! YOU ARE ON A JEEP FORUM And even if i did, you saying that just because someone can get in a jeep, that there not a disabled vet? PROBABLY NOT 100% Are you? I DO HAVE SERVICE CONNECTION DISABILITIES Next time before you post something, why dont you read them instead of making that ass outta yourself on a thread, if you had of, you would see the answers to your questions as of why i joined and why i posted all that! Maybe i do need to start using periods more instead of just typing! YOU DAMN SURE DO!!! Read the previous post! Damn i got so much i wan a say to you but its not fair to the other people on here, AGAIN TRY READING THE POST THOROUGHLY!

Okay. Carry on. :cheesy:

CSMYRUBICON

DIXONK!, thanks for the tickles i needed that, as for the other,man please read. All mine are service connected, im not filing any claims for back injuries or anything else outside thr military! Thanks. DIXONK, you cheered me up you wanna be friends,lol, take care

sharkey

Word Ninja
DIXONK!, thanks for the tickles i needed that, as for the other,man please read. All mine are service connected, im not filing any claims for back injuries or anything else outside thr military! Thanks. DIXONK, you cheered me up you wanna be friends,lol, take care

I never said you were. I asked you about the timing of events you referenced. But I also question how you can be 100% disabled from your service (a.k.a. "job") but, subsequent to that service, attend A&P school, move furniture into a truck, and get in and out of a Jeep.

I was raised to find work, any work, if my body is able to do so. That means that even if I had no arms or legs, I would inchworm my ass into WalMart (if they would pay me money), balance on a stool, and say "Welcome to WalMart" to every sorry suck who walked through the doors. Hell, I'd even wear a nameplate that said "Bob" and tell the little kids that that is what happens when I go swimming.

In my world, you are either 100% disabled or you are not. If you are, then you sure as shit couldn't be moving furniture. If you aren't, then you shouldn't be taking taxpayer money claiming that you are.

Last edited:

JTCO

Meme King
I was raised to find work, any work, if my body is able to do so. That means that even if I had no arms or legs, I would inchworm my ass into WalMart (if they would pay me money), balance on a stool, and say "Welcome to WalMart" to every sorry suck who walked through the doors. Hell, I'd even wear a nameplate that said "Bob" and tell the little kids that that is what happens when I go swimming.

:cheesy: :cheesy:

CSMYRUBICON

Hey sharkly, dont turn this into something it isnt, yeah i can do a lot of things just like a man with no arms can still kick you in the ass, so b4 u go commenting and busting on people you dont know a damn about, or what happened or how disabled or whst they are that i have, you might wanna find out all the details, because if i told you, you would really feel like a dumbass,if u dont already, btw, i pay the same taxes you do, and i did as well when i was in the military, every soldier still pays taxes federal and depending on what state you are from state taxes, i never said i didnt work, your making quiet a few ASSumptions that you know nothing about, im glad you and your family work,so do mine, does it make you feel like a big boy tho, when you assume quiet a bit,and know absolutly nothing of the sitaution, nor do u know any of the other vets that i was referring too, and yes i am a member of Dav, and The Foreign Legion, are hou mad because u didnt make me laugh, or send me tickles like DIXONK, he seems to know what im talking about, as for my "job" in the military, i loved everyday of it and would do it all again in a heartbeat, i wish i could have stayed in long enuff to retire,hence the reenlisting, but due to unfortunate events i couldnt, im glad you where raised to work, thats good ethics and family, you can question what you want you have that right, you also need facts and reality as to what disabled people no matter what they are disabled from. Have you never seen a person with no legs drive,its completly possible, maybe if you knew why and what disabilities i have you would think different,but thats irrelevant here, because you already just ASSume. Everyone have a good day, what started as me trying to put some awareness out not just for me but for many other veterans,,has now turned into a holier oh poor pitiful me the taxpayer, go thank every veteran for your ability, and blessing to be able to pay taxes, alomg with everything you take for granted, and assume you know. When you have no idea

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Hey sharkly, dont turn this into something it isnt, yeah i can do a lot of things just like a man with no arms can still kick you in the ass, so b4 u go commenting and busting on people you dont know a damn about, or what happened or how disabled or whst they are that i have, you might wanna find out all the details, because if i told you, you would really feel like a dumbass,if u dont already, btw, i pay the same taxes you do, and i did as well when i was in the military, every soldier still pays taxes federal and depending on what state you are from state taxes, i never said i didnt work, your making quiet a few ASSumptions that you know nothing about, im glad you and your family work,so do mine, does it make you feel like a big boy tho, when you assume quiet a bit,and know absolutly nothing of the sitaution, nor do u know any of the other vets that i was referring too, and yes i am a member of Dav, and The Foreign Legion, are hou mad because u didnt make me laugh, or send me tickles like DIXONK, he seems to know what im talking about, as for my "job" in the military, i loved everyday of it and would do it all again in a heartbeat, i wish i could have stayed in long enuff to retire,hence the reenlisting, but due to unfortunate events i couldnt, im glad you where raised to work, thats good ethics and family, you can question what you want you have that right, you also need facts and reality as to what disabled people no matter what they are disabled from. Have you never seen a person with no legs drive,its completly possible, maybe if you knew why and what disabilities i have you would think different,but thats irrelevant here, because you already just ASSume. Everyone have a good day, what started as me trying to put some awareness out not just for me but for many other veterans,,has now turned into a holier oh poor pitiful me the taxpayer, go thank every veteran for your ability, and blessing to be able to pay taxes, alomg with everything you take for granted, and assume you know. When you have no idea

You just solidified the fact that you are an idiot. I highly doubt you got A’s in school and I’m sure your shortcomings are everyone else’s fault. You are what’s wrong with this country and the systems that are in place. Learn how to spell and write before you try and call other people idiots.

Stupidity is not a disability.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

CSMYRUBICON

Also i wasnt referring to people that work at the VA, most of them are there to help you, and i dont disagree with that, but the way it works in itself, like i have a total of 80% but they way they calculate it you only get paid for 70% because the way they do it, also even when you meet 100% qualifications,all of them, and have proof of everything that happened and what it is causing and damage it has done to the person right in front of them, they almost always will deny a veteran that 100% even beyond a reasonable doubt that they should have it, unless you go in there and have no arms or legs then your not gonna get it without having to get the American legion,DAV, or even the vfw to represent you, ive got a friend who has a plate on his rib cage, only got 30% and handed 4 different bottles of pills that he hated taking, i have another one that is missing literally half of one lung,only has 50%, this is what i am talking about and they where discharged honorably,just like i was and have had to fight for this, when all the proof is not only right in front of the board and review, but its also on paper alomg with what and how it happened during the military, im not knocking the docs or anyone im trying to get across how they handle the cases or make the decisions and that type of thing,making a veteran fight for what should be his already, after he is out, and its not just todays veterans its all veterans the VA and service connected disability has been around a lkng time, people just dont know what really happens unless they have experienced it themselves, but freedom is for us all,and all of us have a right to speak whatever they wish, and i am not the type of veteran that makes other people not want to help or like veterans. Wtf is wrong with some of you, anywsy god bless, everyone and have a good day

CSMYRUBICON

Wow thats amazing, its a post, a thread,not really worried about my spelling nor punctuation, you should try to perfect or and by the looks at it get some intuition,now im a dummy that you just ASSUME as well, hope you dont rely on it much, but fact is even tho i am out of the military, and clearly you dont know one thing as of what im talking about, i still do represent our country and our military, so i do want to say this,,,To all that has had to read all of this back and forth and all the adolescent behavior that has been put into this thread, i am sorry and want to apologize not just for me but for all of us that have been going back and forth like children, im not gonna post anymore on this thread no matter what is said after this, god bless all you and have fun in all you adventures, i wish the best to everyone

JTCO

Meme King

Also i wasnt referring to people that work at the VA, most of them are there to help you, and i dont disagree with that, but the way it works in itself, like i have a total of 80% but they way they calculate it you only get paid for 70% because the way they do it, also even when you meet 100% qualifications,all of them, and have proof of everything that happened and what it is causing and damage it has done to the person right in front of them, they almost always will deny a veteran that 100% even beyond a reasonable doubt that they should have it, unless you go in there and have no arms or legs then your not gonna get it without having to get the American legion,DAV, or even the vfw to represent you, ive got a friend who has a plate on his rib cage, only got 30% and handed 4 different bottles of pills that he hated taking, i have another one that is missing literally half of one lung,only has 50%, this is what i am talking about and they where discharged honorably,just like i was and have had to fight for this, when all the proof is not only right in front of the board and review, but its also on paper alomg with what and how it happened during the military, im not knocking the docs or anyone im trying to get across how they handle the cases or make the decisions and that type of thing,making a veteran fight for what should be his already, after he is out, and its not just todays veterans its all veterans the VA and service connected disability has been around a lkng time, people just dont know what really happens unless they have experienced it themselves, but freedom is for us all,and all of us have a right to speak whatever they wish, and i am not the type of veteran that makes other people not want to help or like veterans. Wtf is wrong with some of you, anywsy god bless, everyone and have a good day

Wow thats amazing, its a post, a thread,not really worried about my spelling nor punctuation, you should try to perfect or and by the looks at it get some intuition,now im a dummy that you just ASSUME as well, hope you dont rely on it much, but fact is even tho i am out of the military, and clearly you dont know one thing as of what im talking about, i still do represent our country and our military, so i do want to say this,,,To all that has had to read all of this back and forth and all the adolescent behavior that has been put into this thread, i am sorry and want to apologize not just for me but for all of us that have been going back and forth like children, im not gonna post anymore on this thread no matter what is said after this, god bless all you and have fun in all you adventures, i wish the best to everyone

1y8a7n.jpg.......

HiCenterd

I'm pretty sure that CSMYRUBICON and Bill Arnett should start their own forum... although I wouldn't have anything to pass my time while I'm in the head.