Replacement Jounce bumper

Dank

Recently installed an EVO Enforcer 2-1/2 lift kit with the longer 3-5 inch King shocks (that's what Mel recommended) and now need to stiffen up the factory jounce bumpers as they seem to fully compress like a pancake at full jounce, leaving only about 1/8 of an inch before the rear shocks bottom out. I also know this because when it set up the suspension and ran it through it's full cycle the jounce bumpers compressed at full jounce and I could see the hard lower stop was going to compress the jounce bumper so must that it would end up hitting the upper hard mount sleeve....anyway I want something that has a bit more firmness for the jounce bumpers and looking for a replacement. I saw that Terra Flex made some ofter market ones, and also thought Energy Suspension made some, but can find the Energy Suspension ones on any website. Has anyone replace there's or has a recommendation of some firmer bumpers?

JTCO

Meme King
Recently installed an EVO Enforcer 2-1/2 lift kit with the longer 3-5 inch King shocks (that's what Mel recommended) and now need to stiffen up the factory jounce bumpers as they seem to fully compress like a pancake at full jounce, leaving only about 1/8 of an inch before the rear shocks bottom out. I also know this because when it set up the suspension and ran it through it's full cycle the jounce bumpers compressed at full jounce and I could see the hard lower stop was going to compress the jounce bumper so must that it would end up hitting the upper hard mount sleeve....anyway I want something that has a bit more firmness for the jounce bumpers and looking for a replacement. I saw that Terra Flex made some ofter market ones, and also thought Energy Suspension made some, but can find the Energy Suspension ones on any website. Has anyone replace there's or has a recommendation of some firmer bumpers?

Sounds like you may need to add a little bit more bump stop extension/spacer. It's completely normal for them to collapse like that (see pic below, normal) at full stuff. However, if when fully collapsed, something is rubbing or shocks are bottoming out, you need more bump stop extension. As far as Teraflex, I wouldn't even trust them to build a bump stop IMO. I did a custom build on mine (not a JL) and the bump stops required some fine-tuning. On my passenger front, the track bar bracket was ever so slightly kissing the frame under rare conditions and what I ended up doing was ordering a 1/4" sheet of rubber online, cutting out a circle and gluing it to the top of my bump stop extension. Just little stuff like that may fix it.

DSC07727.jpg

Dank

Thanks WJCO and I agree that that's the way the bumps were designed and I thought about raising the lower stop, but what I was trying to do is to soften the stop to be more of a progressive stop verse that hard of a stop. Nothing is binding on the upside or downside of the travel.