JLU Rubicon windshield tray???

TIDALWAVE

My JLUR windshield tray does not have any attachment screws. Aftermarket retailers show windshield tray equipment such as phone brackets, etc. using OEM attachment screws. Several company ads show photos of their devices being screwed down using screws already in the windshield tray. Several JL owners of Sports or Saharas state that their OEM windshield trays do have factory installed screws in the windshield tray.

I have carefully inspected my tray...there are no screws hiding under a tray pad, etc. There are no screws or screw holes! I have the 8.4 Uconnect screen.

If you have a JLUR, can you confirm that your windshield tray has screws to help hold down the OEM windshield tray?

If so...why would my Rubicon have a completely different tray set up? I want to attach phone/camera/GPS equipment. But can't because the aftermarket attachment brackets all require the attachment screws.

TIDALWAVE

Please re-read my comments....

My JLUR tray does not have the same design as your included photo. It does not have any screw holes and the divider ridges are completely different and
are located at slightly different locations than the windshield trays for the Sport and Sahara.
I bought a tray from Rugged Ridge...it did not fit correctly...the RR tray had screw holes...my OEM tray does not. The divider ridges in the RR tray were a different shape
and at different locations in the tray. So even if I drilled my own screw holes down into the OEM tray, the RR tray would still not sit down into the Rubi's tray.

I have been trying to find another JLUR owner to check on their OEM windshield tray...is my tray different from other Rubis?

TRAYCUT2.jpg

Shadowfire

Ok this is probably an obvious question but since you posted a picture with the tray cover installed could you post one with it removed? I’m guessing your not digging down far enough grab both of those ridges and pull up...both my Rubies had the screws as pictured

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

OconRecon

Yeah TIDAL, I had the same suspicion with mine when I first went to install my 67 mount, but you have the screws - you just haven’t pulled out the tray to reveal them yet. I too have a Ruby with the 8.4” screen, but I think the tray is universally the same in the JL.

YAHAHA

Grab those two big ribs and pull that tray liner OUT. Here is a picture of ours removed from the Jeep.
IMG_6392.jpg

The screws you see in other people's pictures are below this rubber tray liner.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

JLJourney18

My JLUR windshield tray does not have any attachment screws. Aftermarket retailers show windshield tray equipment such as phone brackets, etc. using OEM attachment screws. Several company ads show photos of their devices being screwed down using screws already in the windshield tray. Several JL owners of Sports or Saharas state that their OEM windshield trays do have factory installed screws in the windshield tray.

I have carefully inspected my tray...there are no screws hiding under a tray pad, etc. There are no screws or screw holes! I have the 8.4 Uconnect screen.

If you have a JLUR, can you confirm that your windshield tray has screws to help hold down the OEM windshield tray?

If so...why would my Rubicon have a completely different tray set up? I want to attach phone/camera/GPS equipment. But can't because the aftermarket attachment brackets all require the attachment screws.

Just another option for mounting stuff. This is what I am currently running with a RAM mount. They are made by CMM IMG_7730.jpgIMG_7724.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app