Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lod signature front bump & zeon

Hooked

Lod signature front bump & zeon

Does anyone have a lod front bumper & managed to get a zeon in it? I followed the directions to install the bumper but the winch won't fit. IMG_2041.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Don't have one but does the winch maybe have to be installed on the bumper before installing on the jeep?

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse_01 View Post
    Does anyone have a lod front bumper & managed to get a zeon in it? I followed the directions to install the bumper but the winch won't fit. IMG_2041.jpg

What part isn't fitting? Also, did the bumper definitely specify that the Zeon would fit? We have the signature series on our JK and got a non-zeon version. We made it fit with a plasma cutter. I would imagine with the Zeon being so popular though that any bumper manufactured now would allow it to fit.

Hooked
    The winch is suppose to fit with in the bumper. Your have to put the bumper on first before you put the winch in.

The bumper was designed for zeon, that's what the packing slip & box said.

This is what it is suppose to look like. IMG_2043.JPG

Hooked
    It won't fit between the bull bar & bumper. It's only about 6" or so & the winch is 7.5". The little plate they put on that has their name is in the way.

Iíve talked with LOD and they mentioned the Zeon bumper in the signature series is slightly different then the normal bumper and has to be specified when ordering. I wonder if they sent you the wrong ( normal) one.

Hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampart22 View Post
    Iíve talked with LOD and they mentioned the Zeon bumper in the signature series is slightly different then the normal bumper and has to be specified when ordering. I wonder if they sent you the wrong ( normal) one.

That's what I am wondering. Box was correct, packing slip was correct, maybe it had the wrong one in the box. 2 month wait & it doesn't fit.
    IMG_2044.JPG

Looking at your pics, it looks like maybe it would be easier to install the winch in the bumper first, then install the whole thing onto the Jeep. BTW, are you relocating the control box? I noticed it's missing.

Hooked
    That plate that's circled is causing the issue.

IMG_2045.JPG

I just went out and looked at our JK. It's damn near perfectly similar. I installed this myself and I am 100% sure that I did not put the winch through the bullbar. I put it in between the grill and the bar, and I remember the grill bending because it was tight as fuck. We also have the 10s on this Jeep.

IMG_20181030_195808_082.jpg

IMG_20181030_195722_010.jpg

If you're worried about damaging the grill, loosen the bumper bolts a little just to move it forward a little. But I see no way that you're going to fit that winch through the front opening. I think it has to go in by the grill.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast