New lift

JP223/3USA

Got some packages today. Spiderwebshade and lift kit. Thank you Dynatrac for designing the box to fit perfectly in my Jeep. Lol. First impressions after unboxing is the quality. Sway bars are fully welded and not spot welded like others I’ve seen. Also, the shocks came with the upgraded crush sleeves.

IMG_5457.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JP223/3USA

Thanks you all. Hopefully I’ll have enough time to get it installed this weekend. I wish I went with 37s instead of 35s. I wasn’t planning on purchasing a lift until I wore out my stock tires . Wasted my money on a spacer lift when I knew I should’ve got this lift.

Last edited:

JP223/3USA

Went through the instructions and all items in the duffel bag. The provided rear sway bar links are set at an angle and there is nothing in the instructions on which way to mount them. I checked my current links and they are angle out on top and inward at the axle. The first picture is how I will install the links unless someone tells me otherwise.
IMG_5503.jpgIMG_5633.jpg
This is how I will orientate the sway bar link based off my current ones

Last edited:

JeepFreak9911

Why do you think you wasted your money on the spacer lift? I am one month in with my Sahara and am trying to figure out the best path forward to put 35s on.

JP223/3USA

Why do you think you wasted your money on the spacer lift? I am one month in with my Sahara and am trying to figure out the best path forward to put 35s on.

The spacer lift met my needs until I loaded the back with gear and 3 friends. Every dip in the road was rough. The coils were having a hard time keeping up with the weight. Upgrading to me was my only option.

JP223/3USA

Installed the rear portion of the dynatrac lift. Measured the rear with my 2” coil spacer and then measured with the new coils and there was an increase of 1/8”. Dynatrac has the coils tuned to be very accurate. I had one concern with the upgraded crush sleeves on the axle. They seemed to over compress and the inner sleeve was misaligned. I made sure to have no weight on the shocks when I installed them. I contacted Dynatrac with pictures and they said it was fine as long that it is torqued to spec. Just wanted to let some of you know so you don’t get your panties in a bunch. I’m not an engineer and I trust what they say. The components are well built and I’m happy with this purchase.

IMG_5646.jpg

Last edited:

WiscoHR

Installed the rear portion of the dynatrac lift. Measured the rear with my 2” coil spacer and then measured with the new coils and there was an increase of 1/8”. Dynatrac has the coils tuned to be very accurate. I had one concern with the upgraded crush sleeves on the axle. They seemed to over compress and the inner sleeve was misaligned. I made sure to have no weight on the shocks when I installed them. I contacted Dynatrac with pictures and they said it was fine as long that it is torqued to spec. Just wanted to let some of you know so you don’t get your panties in a bunch. I’m not an engineer and I trust what they say. The components are well built and I’m happy with this purchase.

View attachment 6822

Little trick I learned, if you flip the bolt in the shock mount so the threads are on the outside towards the tire it is less likely to get hit when you’re in the rocks. That mount is already a rock magnet, so with it the other way if you need to get the shock off down the road the threads will be a lot easier to get out.

JP223/3USA