Bestop Sunrider

darrenroos

Has anyone used the Bestop Sunrider on their JL yet or even on a JK? If so, I have some questions:

1. Is there a quality difference between the black diamond and black twill or it is just different texture and/or color?

2. How are they noise-wise when closed and driving?

3. Do they rattle or flap around a lot when open and driving?

4. How fast have you been able to drive with it open?

5. This one is for Eddie, from the ones you see on the JLs at SEMA, do you think there would be any interference issues with your CB bar?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

YAHAHA

I love the idea of these but have not tried one yet.

We were considering one for our JK but at the time, I read a lot of reviews about them leaking in various areas. In addition, I've read that Bestop has been very good with their customer service based on the complaints.

I too would like to hear from people who have used this product to see if all the issues have been corrected.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

JTCO

Meme King
Has anyone used the Bestop Sunrider on their JL yet or even on a JK? If so, I have some questions:

1. Is there a quality difference between the black diamond and black twill or it is just different texture and/or color?

We have the Supertop on our JK so I can help answer the first question about fabric. We have the Black Diamond material and wished we had gotten the twill. The Black Diamond material stays dirty forever. It is very difficult to clean and when the cleaner driess, the mud/dirt stains show up again.
Supposedly the twill is thicker also, resulting in it being quieter and insulating better. We run our softtop year round in Colorado and even below zero, we think the Black Diamond does just fine as far as temperature. Once the heater warms up, all is good just like any other vehicle.

tallguy26

2. How are they noise-wise when closed and driving?

3. Do they rattle or flap around a lot when open and driving?

4. How fast have you been able to drive with it open?

5. This one is for Eddie, from the ones you see on the JLs at SEMA, do you think there would be any interference issues with your CB bar?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
1. I had the twill on my jk. It was very thick and a deep black.

2. I had no issues with wind noise at any speed.

3. I never had it flap or rattle but I used the included straps when open and driving at high speed.

4. I drove regularly at highway speeds with it open.

Sent from my SM-G950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wibornz

I am on the fence with this. I ordered the duel top. The plan is run the hard top here in Michigan during shit weather. I do mean shit weather. Then in the spring the hard top will come off and the soft top will go on. The Jeep will not be a daily drive and in the past, we took the tops and doors off for the whole summer and put them back on in the fall. Still with the 200 bucks off, it might be good for the occasional decent days in the spring and fall when the hard top is on. I love having the top open or off on my vehicles and this looks super easy.

I am just thinking that with the duel tops, this will be a waste.

Shadowfire

I got my Sunrider in Twill and it was breeze to install. I have a flutter noise along the front above the rear view mirror area, it’s an annoying noise that starts around 65/70 mph. Below those speeds it’s very quiet considering it’s a soft top. I took it off for my trip to MO. And will probably leave it off until spring. I have another trip scheduled for DE in the winter and just don’t think I can take the noise for the trip. It may be coincidental that that’s about where the freedom panels meet and maybe there is a misformed seal there. At least in the summer I can flip it back. As for speed with it open...for the short time it was on we had some nice weather here and I drove with it open to and from work at 70/75 no problems. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app