EVO Coil overs vs enforcer suspension.

Rampart22

As I’m researching a suspension lift the price tag keeps going up. (I know I know it’s a Jeep and yes it takes $$) but for the price, is it worth the extra to get the coil overs? Has anyone driven either and noticed the difference?

I’m looking at EVO 2.5 enforcer suspension lift VS the EVO pro coil over lift.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Dank

I have been running the EVO Enforcer stage 3 - 2 1/2 lift for a few weeks and so far have been very pleased with the ride quality (also have the King shocks). I'll be taking a 4 day off-road adventure this weekend to really see how it performs off road, and will update after that. No experience with the coil-over, but have too imagine it will perform very well.

Rampart22

I have been running the EVO Enforcer stage 3 - 2 1/2 lift for a few weeks and so far have been very pleased with the ride quality (also have the King shocks). I'll be taking a 4 day off-road adventure this weekend to really see how it performs off road, and will update after that. No experience with the coil-over, but have too imagine it will perform very well.

The stage 3 enforcer is what I’m leaning toward but I keep coming back to their pro lift with coils and it’s only a few bucks more. But is it worth it. Or is that just dumb money.

ddays v2

The stage 3 enforcer is what I’m leaning toward but I keep coming back to their pro lift with coils and it’s only a few bucks more. But is it worth it. Or is that just dumb money.

What kind of wheeling do you plan on doing with your Jeep? The coilovers offer some increased articluation, especially droop, but they are noisier on-road with the stock sliders. I'm still on coils paired with King shocks on my JK but I occasionally get the bug for the coilovers. They are sexier than hell but honestly my combo rides and handles great on the road as well as off road. I don't believe I've ever been in a situation that this combo held me up and I'd wished I'd gone the coilover route. But then again, if you're like me, once you get something in your head that you want/need, it's hard to convince yourself to not go ahead and get the damn things and be done with it....

Rellik

There are some great spring lifts out there but Coil overs are in a league of there own as far as performance on road and on trail. The ability of coil overs to soak up the big woops at speed, droop and tuck. On road manners are incredible. Yep there are some great lifts out there but coil overs are the nest step up. If they are in your budget go for it. If you dont have the $$ for them then yes its stupid money spent.

Rampart22

The king 2.5’s paired with the evo coils was a great setup on the Jk. It’s what I would recommend over the coilovers unless you want the bling factor. I’m sure he JL is the same.

For sure not bling. Just the best ride for the money I’ll be spending. It’s not like the EVO lift is inexpensive. And with the king shocks alone, That’s pretty bling. Again when I’m pricing a good lift out, the coil overs are a common statement from vendors and others. At that price why don’t you just spend a few bucks more and get coil overs.....

It’s interesting to here that coil overs are in a whole new league. Living in SoCal the desert is closest to get to and has lots of woooops and it would be fun to be able to hit them faster. But is the handling and performance really that much better. I don’t want to be that Wilbur doosh bag guy out there spending dumb money if I didn’t have tooo. This is my kids college fund after all!!

Ughhhh

Rellik

For sure not bling. Just the best ride for the money I’ll be spending. It’s not like the EVO lift is inexpensive. And with the king shocks alone, That’s pretty bling. Again when I’m pricing a good lift out, the coil overs are a common statement from vendors and others. At that price why don’t you just spend a few bucks more and get coil overs.....

It’s interesting to here that coil overs are in a whole new league. Living in SoCal the desert is closest to get to and has lots of woooops and it would be fun to be able to hit them faster. But is the handling and performance really that much better. I don’t want to be that Wilbur doosh bag guy out there spending dumb money if I didn’t have tooo. This is my kids college fund after all!!

Ughhhh

I have a rock krawler lift on my JLUR I love it. I have coil overs on my JKUR I love it as well. Would I take the big woops at 40 mph in the JLUR nope I would not. It really comes down to the type of trails and off roading you plan to do. Nothing worse then installing a lift and realizing you made a mistake. My advise is to figure this out for yourself as your going to get a multitude of opinions on this subject

ddays v2

Ughhhh

If you buy the King shocks/Lift from Off Road Evolution they have specific valving they developed with King that is exclusive to ORE. I can say they are pretty awesome. I'm not trying to talk you out of the coilovers, because it sounds like you could actually benefit from them, but don't discount the coil/shock package too much. It's a pretty damn solid combo. Bombing through the desert is coilover territory though.

Hell, screw the kids, spend all of their damn savings on a DTD/Evolever setup and really be able to haul ass! :thumb:

Rampart22

If you buy the King shocks/Lift from Off Road Evolution they have specific valving they developed with King that is exclusive to ORE. I can say they are pretty awesome. I'm not trying to talk you out of the coilovers, because it sounds like you could actually benefit from them, but don't discount the coil/shock package too much. It's a pretty damn solid combo. Bombing through the desert is coilover territory though.

Hell, screw the kids, spend all of their damn savings on a DTD/Evolever setup and really be able to haul ass! :thumb:

Lol. Yeah they don’t need an expensive useless college education anyway. Trade school and learn a skill. So now I can buy more parts for JLU.

Rampart22

I have a rock krawler lift on my JLUR I love it. I have coil overs on my JKUR I love it as well. Would I take the big woops at 40 mph in the JLUR nope I would not. It really comes down to the type of trails and off roading you plan to do. Nothing worse then installing a lift and realizing you made a mistake. My advise is to figure this out for yourself as your going to get a multitude of opinions on this subject

Wow you must an amazing wife. I need to sell my LJ in order to fund the JLU. Currently running a 5.5 inch rubicon long arms. Slow as you can go. Would be nice to enjoy a little more speed. Not trophy truck bombing but I don’t want to break the new ride going fast if it can be avoided by coils. And since the cost is so damn close...... thus my dilemma.....

Rellik

Wow you must an amazing wife. I need to sell my LJ in order to fund the JLU. Currently running a 5.5 inch rubicon long arms. Slow as you can go. Would be nice to enjoy a little more speed. Not trophy truck bombing but I don’t want to break the new ride going fast if it can be avoided by coils. And since the cost is so damn close...... thus my dilemma.....

Full disclosure... The JLUR is my wifes but as long as I put the seat back and dont change the station on the radio she lets me sit in it.:thumb:

Jesse_01

Full disclosure... The JLUR is my wifes but as long as I put the seat back and dont change the station on the radio she lets me sit in it.:thumb:

Haha that sounds like my wife's Jeep. Evo long arm, 5.13 gears, 37" tires, beadlocks, lod bumpers. I love it, totally jealous. I am going to eventually go Evo king shocks or coilover, not sure yet.

Saddletramp

I’ve had JK EVO bolt-on coilovers, JK DTD and now the 2.5” EVO Enforcer lift on a JL.

Bolt-on Coilovers are great but have their traits, awesome off-road, lots of flex and adjustability, etc. On-road ride is a little “soft and floaty”, not in a bad way, but it’s a little 70’s Oldsmobile Riviera ish if you know what I mean. Great ride, just soft and different.

DTD is way more stable, responsive but “firmer”, think sports car. I did this twice over in two rigs with 60/80 axles and it’s fun and bling and your neighbors will come over to lay under your rig and drink bears over. Honestly, Jeeps aren’t trophy trucks, IMHO, are more fun just crawling, whipping around a twisty dirt road and driving to work with the top off. DTD, if you have $$$ and want to pay to play then there you go.

Now, currently just bought a new JL, had heard everyone blush about the Enforcer lift with The 2.5” kings (keep in mind, at least the JK Bolt-ons were 2.0”), going way back, like OverlanderJK states above, the Enforcer with the 2.5” Kings offered an amazing ride. I can now attest to that. I haven’t been off-road yet (needed rear bumps) but the on-road is right there with the DTD,way less $$$ and I’m still on stock arms, not long arms like before. Now, I’m sure of course I’ve lost inches of travel off-road but for my weekend adventures, the yearly trip to Moab and the other 95% of highway miles I will do in this JL, I’m $10k into this build vs. $60k for past builds for a similar on-road rose and a very damn capable Jeep still off-road.

Don’t get me wrong, coilovers are awesome, I ordered the EVO kit for this build then cancelled and went with traditional lift on a friends advice. Coilovers are awesome,fun to play with and offer superior performance but they are $$$, offer a different ride depending on the setup, have more maintenance and for most of us, just more than is needed for fun, realistically.

If I could do it again (on my third rig now), my advice is capable lift and 37’s, recovery kit etc., then axles (60 front, full float rear...60/80), 40’s, then V8, then coilovers/DTD.

YMMV...!

Just need some bigger axles someday.

Last edited:

Saddletramp

Just full disclosure, I went with the EVO 2.5” Enforcer springs,... BUT... went with the King shocks for a 3-5” lift al la carte.

I was given info that Kings are notoriously short, I’d prefer to have more droop here in NV than up travel and so does a prominent builder and vendor, [emoji6].

Anyway, I had to go with 3” bumps to protect shocks but I get way more and appropriate/proportional droop.

Time will fell bit I’m not the first [emoji6] to go this route.

So far,Battle Borne wheels, 37”x13.5” Cooper SST’s, this lift combo, 75mph, no wheel weights, no vibes and rides like DTD.

JAGS

Just full disclosure, I went with the EVO 2.5” Enforcer springs,... BUT... went with the King shocks for a 3-5” lift al la carte.

I was given info that Kings are notoriously short, I’d prefer to have more droop here in NV than up travel and so does a prominent builder and vendor, [emoji6].

Anyway, I had to go with 3” bumps to protect shocks but I get way more and appropriate/proportional droop.

Time will fell bit I’m not the first [emoji6] to go this route.

So far,Battle Borne wheels, 37”x13.5” Cooper SST’s, this lift combo, 75mph, no wheel weights, no vibes and rides like DTD.

I’m leaning similar. Have the enforcer and king 2.5 on my JK for years. Ride is great. Can go as fast I want in stock axles and keep up with most coilover drivers I tend to wheel with.

If I really wanted to bomb out, I’d need to upgrade axles sooner than later. Then I’m in it for DTD.

I have two kids to put through college so they can afford to put me in a nice nursing home. Lol.

As I look to do my JLUR, I’m pretty much looking at 2.5 kings again. The bling of coilovers is enticing, but really not needed. I’m holding out for more sliders to come on the market and the EVO carrier finally released.