Tazer JL Lite "Light show" mode

CalSgt

Has anyone used the light show setting on the Tazer JL Lite?

I did a halloween parade last night and wanted to use the light show function but was not able to get it to stay on while driving, as soon as the jeep started to move the light show would shut down. The instructions say it can be used in motion...

Any ideas before I call tech support?

CalSgt

OK... Here is what ZAutomotive had to say:

Enabling the light show for use in-motion: Z Automotive cannot be held responsible for any mis-use of the light show, including the street use that can be interpreted as the impersonation of a police officer. Check local laws as to which lights can be used, in case you are using it legally as a police officer, fire responder, EMS, construction, etc. Remember, it’s a FELONY to impersonate a police officer! First, install ZPU from the www.zautomotive.com support page. Run ZPU. Click “configure”. When the light show configuration page is finished loading, press ctrl+shift+L and a checkbox for light show in motion will appear. Check the checkbox, approve the disclaimer, and you’re all set. Keep in mind that the light show can be activated instantly by having the high beam stalk forward and pressing the cruise+ button while cruise is turned off. Since this CAN happen accidentally, it’s recommended to not have light show in motion always checked unless you’re a police officer.

offcamber

It works. I use it in motion all the time when I'm working. I shoot Ultra4 racing and I enable it when I'm shooting a race so that my vehicle is more visible to the racers.

SSBattalion

Hi all, just got my Tazer Lite..looking forward to using it once I get on 37's. I notice it does not come with the bypass piece like the regular Tazer. I was wondering why, why on the regular you need the bypass piece but not on the Lite version? I'm not complaining, its a simpler install, but wondering why no need to bypass. Thank you

Sorry to OP, did not want to create another thread about the Lite version. Hoping someone knows.

13_gecko_rubi

Hi all, just got my Tazer Lite..looking forward to using it once I get on 37's. I notice it does not come with the bypass piece like the regular Tazer. I was wondering why, why on the regular you need the bypass piece but not on the Lite version? I'm not complaining, its a simpler install, but wondering why no need to bypass. Thank you

Sorry to OP, did not want to create another thread about the Lite version. Hoping someone knows.
The bypass is built in to the lite. That's why it looks like the bypass

Sent via....