VIDEO : ROAD to SEMA & BEYOND - a NEW Show & Adventure Featuring the JL Wrangler

CalSgt

Tire Carrier

Interested in seeing the tire carrier install start to finish (once things slow down for you that is)... I was looking at those today after seeing the one on the Stingray EVO (Nitto?) build from the other thread.

aust249

Eddie, I was looking at the video again and am particularly interested in your thoughts on the EVO tire carrier. I also wanted to ask your opinion on using the EVO overland drop brackets and the rear track bar bracket. Is it best to use the new bracket or adjustable track bars with a lift of 3.5”? I didn’t see a front bracket so I’m assuming an adjustable trackbar is all that is required? This would all be to add to the current Rancho Sport 3.5” lift I have now.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Eddie, I was looking at the video again and am particularly interested in your thoughts on the EVO tire carrier. I also wanted to ask your opinion on using the EVO overland drop brackets and the rear track bar bracket. Is it best to use the new bracket or adjustable track bars with a lift of 3.5”? I didn’t see a front bracket so I’m assuming an adjustable trackbar is all that is required? This would all be to add to the current Rancho Sport 3.5” lift I have now.

The tire carrier is the same as it was for the JK. It’s a solid design.

Eddie is running the evo trackbar relocation bracket in the rear with the Rancho 3.5” kit he is running.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

What Overlander said but also a raised rear trackbar mount also raises the roll center back to factory like. The JL rear roll center was significantly raised and keeping it high is one of the many things that makes it handle better.

Sent via....

aust249

The tire carrier is the same as it was for the JK. It’s a solid design.

Eddie is running the evo trackbar relocation bracket in the rear with the Rancho 3.5” kit he is running.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

What Overlander said but also a raised rear trackbar mount also raises the roll center back to factory like. The JL rear roll center was significantly raised and keeping it high is one of the many things that makes it handle better.

Sent via....

Awesome. Thanks for the replies. That makes more sense about the bracket being used with an adjustable trackbar to keep the roll center high. Definitely want to keep the good handling characteristics of the JL.

aust249

SEMA is a show that Cindy and I have been covering for almost 15 years now and while we have been lucky enough to have had Jeeps of ours on display there and on multiple occasions, this year wasn't going to be one of them. However, in spite of the fact that we would just be attending the show as journalists, we still ended up having to work feverishly on our Jeep JL Wrangler and with just days to get everything done. In this episode of the JL JOURNAL, you'll get a glimpse at some of the things we had to do before hitting the road for 2 weeks and you'll even get a taste of the video coverage we'll be bringing you from the Las Vegas Convention Center. We hope you enjoy.

Eddie,
The rear trackbar bracket install looks pretty straight forward in your video. Does the Evo bracket slide over the top of the factory bracket completely? I was attempting to install mine today but it is narrower than the factory bracket and won’t slide over. Just wanted to know your thoughts. Thanks IMG_3182.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie,
The rear trackbar bracket install looks pretty straight forward in your video. Does the Evo bracket slide over the top of the factory bracket completely? I was attempting to install mine today but it is narrower than the factory bracket and won’t slide over. Just wanted to know your thoughts. Thanks

Yes, it may take a little encouragement to get it on but it needs to go over the factory mount. From there, you will need to use it as a template to drill a hole in the factory mount.

aust249

Yes, it may take a little encouragement to get it on but it needs to go over the factory mount. From there, you will need to use it as a template to drill a hole in the factory mount.

Thanks for getting back to me Eddie, I really appreciate it.