JLU Door Storage

JTCO

Meme King
Can anyone let me know how much room the four doors will take up hanging on a wall? Eddie, it looks like you have a really clean setup in your garage... Can you measure that out for me?
Thank you!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I don't know if this will help you or not, but we have the ACE Engineering door hangers for our JK and their website says they will fit the JL doors as well.

IMG_20181028_135438_166.jpg

From the wall to the hinge bore is about 2.5 inches.

IMG_20181028_135859_799.jpg

IMG_20181028_135827_269.jpg

CanadaJeep

Caught the Bug
wall width ? Front to back ? just measure from front of front door to back of back door on your jeep or if you mean width off doors , measure them and add a couple inches for the bracket, don't forget to add width of mirrors

Last edited:

JTCO

Meme King
The other thing to consider is that these have to be installed on a stud. So, you may not just be able to hang the the doors right next to each other. In hindsight, I wished we had just hung a large sheet of plywood (into the studs), then we could have secured the ACE brackets wherever we wanted.

HiCenterd

wall width ? Front to back ? just measure from front of front door to back of back door on your jeep or if you mean width off doors , measure them and add a couple inches for the bracket, don't forget to add width of mirrors
Sorry. I didn't mention that I don't have the Jeep yet. I was cleaning up the garage yesterday trying to make room for storing the doors and top. I absolutely overlooked the depth of the mirrors, too. Thank you for that!

HiCenterd

The other thing to consider is that these have to be installed on a stud. So, you may not just be able to hang the the doors right next to each other. In hindsight, I wished we had just hung a large sheet of plywood (into the studs), then we could have secured the ACE brackets wherever we wanted.
Thank you for the input. I appreciate it! With my limited wall space I will have to get the doors as close as I can.

YAHAHA

In hindsight, I wished we had just hung a large sheet of plywood (into the studs), then we could have secured the ACE brackets wherever we wanted.

Instead of plywood, how about using a couple 2x4s mounted horizontally across the studs?

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.