Quadratec winches

Spack

So, I’ve seen several threads where you guys, the OG’s, have recommended Warn. For some lighter duty stuff, has anyone had any experience with Quadratec’s winches, specifically the Stealth series?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Piginajeep

I have one. It’s nice but it’s no Warn. If you buy a parachute are you going to buy the cheapest one you can?

2012 JK8
1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure if that's good or bad lol. I think the warranty on my warn is probably good but never had to use it so don't know for sure.

Sent via....

LOL!! I was thinking the same thing. The best warranty is the one I never have to use. :yup:

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I do have one. The warranty is nice but if this new one fails again I’m not getting another qtech winch. Luckily when mine failed I was using to pull a tree down. It was maybe my 10th time using it. If I was out on the trail and stuck when it failed I would have been pissed. Next time I’m biting the bullet and getting a warn

NFRs2000NYC

Warranty on something like a winch is funny, reminds me of the Tommy boy scene...I can take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed....not going to do you much good if you're stuck in the middle of nowhere with a broken winch, but can keep warm at night knowing that WHEN you get back to civilization you'll get a new shiny one. Not knocking Qtec winches, know nothing about them, just funny when people point to warranties on critical items.

Reminds me of a time someone I know was asking about insurance companies, who has what and how they like them. Someone in the house chimed in, I have XYZ, I love them, they have been great. So I ask, have you ever filed a claim? They say no. So I respond, so basically the only thing they have been great at so far is taking your money. The main factor in a winch, is that it will work, even if it sat idle on your bumper for 2 years, through 8 seasons, but when you need it most, it works.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Warranty on something like a winch is funny, reminds me of the Tommy boy scene...I can take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed....not going to do you much good if you're stuck in the middle of nowhere with a broken winch, but can keep warm at night knowing that WHEN you get back to civilization you'll get a new shiny one. Not knocking Qtec winches, know nothing about them, just funny when people point to warranties on critical items.

Reminds me of a time someone I know was asking about insurance companies, who has what and how they like them. Someone in the house chimed in, I have XYZ, I love them, they have been great. So I ask, have you ever filed a claim? They say no. So I respond, so basically the only thing they have been great at so far is taking your money. The main factor in a winch, is that it will work, even if it sat idle on your bumper for 2 years, through 8 seasons, but when you need it most, it works.

It was kind of my point in mentioning the warranty. He had to use it. I figured he’d share his experience.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

So, I’ve seen several threads where you guys, the OG’s, have recommended Warn. For some lighter duty stuff, has anyone had any experience with Quadratec’s winches, specifically the Stealth series?

I saw those on their website & they haven’t (or hadn’t) started shipping yet. I was interested because they said they were waterproof now but as soon as I realized they were that new I didn’t want to be the 1st guy who tested for them.