Heated drivers seat and steering wheel, has a mind of it's own

NFRs2000NYC

I believe it's a feature...if the temp outside is below a certain amount (forgot what it is) the system will turn them on for comfort purposes. Our Grand Cherokee does it.

wibornz

40 degrees is T-shirt weather! Might have to get with Tazer and see if they can make it adjustable to something a little more cool like -5 degrees.

MrGiant

I hate cars doing what they think is good for me....more technic stuff can also be a curse if its not done right. But the ability for auto-heat via Uconnect seems to meet everyones needs depending on the setup

Sent from my SM-G950F using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

O!!!!!!!O

Look into your control center.

I have the cold weather package with the heated seats and steering wheel. While I work abroad and have hardly driven my new RubiJLU, when I was home last week, I fiddled with the control center and believe I found that you can auto-set the steering wheel and seats to come on with your remote start, if you have one. If you don't have the remote start, there could be something else going on.

Check into the control center on your display and see if that helps. Not sure what screen you have. Mine is the larger 8.3" screen with all the bells and whistles and, I found there is a ton of great control features there. Could have sworn you could set the steering wheel and seat heaters to auto-on or, off. But, can't remember, too busy having to get back to work. I'd actually like to know for sure, myself.

Best regards,

- T Denham

Last edited: