Extended warranty

Jetboy

So I’m not normally and extended warranty kinda guy. But they are hard selling one for the JL. Lifetime bumper to bumper.
They tell me modifications don’t void the warranty if you stay under 5” lift. It is non-transferable. But pro rated at4 yrs.

Anybody buy one? What should it cost? Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

NFRs2000NYC

Total nonsense. What insurance do you have? I ask because I have my extended warranty from Geico, which is $11 a month (it does creep up as the vehicle ages but nothing major) for 120,000 miles, and they are FAR easier to deal with than a dealer when it comes to warranty claims. I strongly advise you take a look if your insurance carrier offers something similar.

JP223/3USA

So I’m not normally and extended warranty kinda guy. But they are hard selling one for the JL. Lifetime bumper to bumper.
They tell me modifications don’t void the warranty if you stay under 5” lift. It is non-transferable. But pro rated at4 yrs.

They tell you 5” because it’s probably 3-4”. $$$$$ in their pockets.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited:

JTCO

Meme King

I work in this industry. I have yet to see an extended 'bumper to bumper' contract that actually exists. I have seen extended contracts that will allow coverage as long as the vehicle isn't lifted past a certain height or the tires aren't above a certain size however, you need to make sure that clause is actually listed in the contract. They're rare.

No matter what, make sure that you get a copy of the contract BEFORE buying it and then actually READ it.

Another thing about extended warranties is that you need to do all of your scheduled maintenance and make sure you keep a record of it somehow.

As far as the cost, they're typically around 2k - 3k. But they're all different so you'll need to talk to the finance guy. Is this something you heard about in the mail or is the dealer pushing it?

Jetboy

I work in this industry. I have yet to see an extended 'bumper to bumper' contract that actually exists. I have seen extended contracts that will allow coverage as long as the vehicle isn't lifted past a certain height or the tires aren't above a certain size however, you need to make sure that clause is actually listed in the contract. They're rare.

No matter what, make sure that you get a copy of the contract BEFORE buying it and then actually READ it.

Another thing about extended warranties is that you need to do all of your scheduled maintenance and make sure you keep a record of it somehow.

As far as the cost, they're typically around 2k - 3k. But they're all different so you'll need to talk to the finance guy. Is this something you heard about in the mail or is the dealer pushing it?

It was mopar lifetime plan or maximum care plans from dealer.

My daughter bought an after market plan on her sonata.
It has paid for its self in 5 yrs.

It may not be bumper to bumper...but it’s close.
No trim, body planels,glass or plastic lenses,snow plows or winches. Or wear items
Everything else is covered and listed. Even extended electrical.

Last edited:

JTCO

Meme King

No trim, body planels,glass or plastic lenses,snow plows or winches. Or wear items

If you're confident that the contract covers that, go for it. I look at claims on German vehicles daily that are anywhere from 5k to 20k to fix so I guarantee those customers are thrilled to have the warranty.

Like I said earlier. If you read the contract and understand what is covered or not, there won't be too many surprises when you take the Jeep in.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass

That’s great but that’s a Kia, not a Jeep.

Jetboy

That’s great but that’s a Kia, not a Jeep.

Hyundai ,

but with all the electronics, and computer driven components. I’m thinking it might pay off. In the JL. If your going to keep it.
I know my Cherokee limited cost me 4K or so in dash issues. And then the engine blew up at 134k miles. I wish I had some coverage on that.

I was just wondering if anyone had experience with the mopar plans.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Hyundai ,

but with all the electronics, and computer driven components. I’m thinking it might pay off. In the JL. If your going to keep it.
I know my Cherokee limited cost me 4K or so in dash issues. And then the engine blew up at 134k miles. I wish I had some coverage on that.

I was just wondering if anyone had experience with the mopar plans.

I guess it’s worth it if you just drive your jeep on the road and never use it.

Hyundai/Kia. Same thing.