Metal cloak

JTCO

Meme King
I still don't know who these people are, but cracks me up how someone installs a major Jeep product, makes a video, and then all kinds of people have financial orgasms and go out and buy it with no other research.

I prefer to look at product research, design, specs, longevity, and reputation when I buy a product. I must be a weirdo I guess.

I still haven't seen anything over the years that gives me any desire to go out and purchase Metal cloak stuff.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
I still don't know who these people are, but cracks me up how someone installs a major Jeep product, makes a video, and then all kinds of people have financial orgasms and go out and buy it with no other research.

I prefer to look at product research, design, specs, longevity, and reputation when I buy a product. I must be a weirdo I guess.

I still haven't seen anything over the years that gives me any desire to go out and purchase Metal cloak stuff.

Financial orgasms. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

Lol!

Jsouder53

All I can say about metal cloak is, the dual rate coils ride rough as hell! I wish I never got them, but I made the mistake of listening to a friend. They don’t sag at least which is what I was looking for 😂 and they ride a little smoother than rough country

Amric

I don’t post much and this post is a reason why. The OP just wants to learn, and asked a legitimate question, and he is given so much grief and anger towards just asking. Same for Kevin and Britt. They are just out there using their JL and having a good time. Why all the ripping on them? Didn’t we all at some point buy some wrong parts that we had to replace later? It is all part of the building process, and how we learn. Don’t turn off new Jeep enthusiasts just because they have not already learned everything on day one.

JTCO

Meme King
I don’t post much and this post is a reason why. The OP just wants to learn, and asked a legitimate question, and he is given so much grief and anger towards just asking.

Huh? :thinking: Did you actually read the thread? Nearly every post has been feedback about Metal Cloak which is exactly what he asked for. Just because it's not all positive doesn't mean that it can't be learned from. I see no grief nor anger so I don't know what you're referring to there.

Didn’t we all at some point buy some wrong parts that we had to replace later? It is all part of the building process, and how we learn. Don’t turn off new Jeep enthusiasts just because they have not already learned everything on day one.

Isn't that exactly what this thread is doing? :thinking:

If I ask about a certain product, then multiple people tell me it sucks, so I choose not to buy it, I consider that a learning experience that just saved me and helped me out.

If I wanted positive reinforcement all the time, I would just stay off the internet and watch Mr. Rogers all the time. Unfortunately, the real world isn't full of flowers and rainbows. I prefer truth even when it's hard to hear.

Jsouder53

if i wanted positive reinforcement all the time, i would just stay off the internet and watch mr. Rogers all the time. Unfortunately, the real world isn't full of flowers and rainbows. I prefer truth even when it's hard to hear.

lol!!!!!!!! 😂

Jetboy

I guess I’ve missed a lot of the problems or issue on your other sites...as a new guy in every way, I don’t understand the way many are talked to here... thanks for all the advise and good luck with your site. I just don’t understand the hostility.
Don’t think y’all are my kind of people here.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
I guess I’ve missed a lot of the problems or issue on your other sites...as a new guy in every way, I don’t understand the way many are talked to here... thanks for all the advise and good luck with your site. I just don’t understand the hostility.

Lol snowflake much? Jesus.

JTCO

Meme King

Holy shit. I'm on my 4th beer and I'm going to level with you clearly with no filter here.

Problems or issues on 'other sites' don't mean jack shit in this scenario.

As far as you being a 'new guy,' we're glad to have you here. Seriously.

As far as 'hostility,' I don't see it. I see zero hostility and have no idea what you're smoking. This thread is clear as glass.

As far as your 'kind of people,' what is that supposed to mean? What do you want? Your question was answered perfectly. You're not going to get a kiss-ass presidential debate kind of answer here if that's what you're looking for. The members here, that I've interacted with for years, are going to tell you the truth. If a product works, they'll tell you that. If a product sucks balls, they'll tell you that. If there are gray areas in-between, they'll point those out. Would you want anything else? Really?

If you're set on buying this particular product and you want people here to stroke your balls and tell you that it's the best thing since electricity, sorry, we're not those 'kind of people.' The 'kind of people' here that I've grown to know and love are Honest, Accurate, Truthful, Brave, and Humble. If those are the traits and qualities that you're looking for, then stick around and live and learn. But if you're just here to have random people reinforce your ego for the latest bling item you just purchased, then you likely won't find those 'kind of people' here.

Sorry for the long response. Beer #5 is calling my name :beer:

Last edited:

WiscoHR

Holy shit. I'm on my 4th beer and I'm going to level with you clearly with no filter here.

As far as 'hostility,' I don't see it. I see zero hostility and have no idea what you're smoking. This thread is clear as glass.

As far as your 'kind of people,' what is that supposed to mean? What do you want? Your question was answered perfectly. You're not going to get a kiss-ass presidential debate kind of answer here if that's what you're looking for. The members here, that I've interacted with for years, are going to tell you the truth. If a product works, they'll tell you that. If a product sucks balls, they'll tell you that. If there are gray areas in-between, they'll point those out. Would you want anything else? Really?

If you're set on buying this particular product and you want people here to stroke your balls and tell you that it's the best thing since electricity, sorry, we're not those 'kind of people.' The 'kind of people' here that I've grown to know and love are Honest, Accurate, Truthful, Brave, and Humble. If those are the traits and qualities that you're looking for, then stick around and live and learn. But if you're just here to have random people reinforce your ego for the latest bling item you just purchased, then you likely won't find those 'kind of people' here.

Cheers![emoji482]

NFRs2000NYC

Being a member of many forums, photography, photoshop, drones, jeeps, cars, guns, etc, the biggest common denominator when people ask for "advice" on parts/gear is exactly what you described....they have their hearts set on parts, and come on the forum to get their opinion validated so they feel good about their decision. If you tell the truth about a product, be it a control arm joint or a GPU, people assume you're a hater, a troll, a d!ck, etc. Back in the day, before I knew better, I would fall victim to this stuff as well. I wanted a certain camera lens, or a certain exhaust, and just posted up to "have my balls stroked".....but over time, learned that the ONLY people worth listening to are those that actually tell you the no-nonsense information. Newbs eventually learn this, usually after they spend a bunch of money, have a crap setup, then come on the forum asking for advice on how to fix the problem the forum created in the first place. With Jeeps, I see it all the time....people ask for lift advice, get stupid answers, do what they were told, then go back to the forum asking how to fix their terrible driving setup......to which the forum replies "get dual steering stabilizers bro." Sometimes, you just can't make a horse drink. This is the one key detail I see differentiating this forum (and wayalife forum) to all the others...solid information, well backed, without the patting on the back. Hopefully the OP understands this, and quickly, if only to save money in the long run, and to have a rig that's actually reliable.

JTCO

Meme King
Being a member of many forums, photography, photoshop, drones, jeeps, cars, guns, etc, the biggest common denominator when people ask for "advice" on parts/gear is exactly what you described....they have their hearts set on parts, and come on the forum to get their opinion validated so they feel good about their decision. If you tell the truth about a product, be it a control arm joint or a GPU, people assume you're a hater, a troll, a d!ck, etc. Back in the day, before I knew better, I would fall victim to this stuff as well. I wanted a certain camera lens, or a certain exhaust, and just posted up to "have my balls stroked".....but over time, learned that the ONLY people worth listening to are those that actually tell you the no-nonsense information. Newbs eventually learn this, usually after they spend a bunch of money, have a crap setup, then come on the forum asking for advice on how to fix the problem the forum created in the first place. With Jeeps, I see it all the time....people ask for lift advice, get stupid answers, do what they were told, then go back to the forum asking how to fix their terrible driving setup......to which the forum replies "get dual steering stabilizers bro." Sometimes, you just can't make a horse drink. This is the one key detail I see differentiating this forum (and wayalife forum) to all the others...solid information, well backed, without the patting on the back. Hopefully the OP understands this, and quickly, if only to save money in the long run, and to have a rig that's actually reliable.

Well said and Agreed. I've spent much money on pretty shit over the years only to find out it was fucked up. Wish I had learned sooner.

Rampart22

Well said and Agreed. I've spent much money on pretty shit over the years only to find out it was fucked up. Wish I had learned sooner.

Think Eddie will post up “safe room” for rainbows and flowers? This is great!!

Great info though. I do really appreciate the responses. I’ve been looking at all lifts and even metal cloak.

I’m fairly new as well, but have always gotten straight answers. Keep it real!!

[emoji897]

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Think Eddie will post up “safe room” for rainbows and flowers? This is great!!

Great info though. I do really appreciate the responses. I’ve been looking at all lifts and even metal cloak.

I’m fairly new as well, but have always gotten straight answers. Keep it real!!

[emoji897]

Sadly that still wouldn’t help some of these people.

TxJeepers

So Metalcloak bad and EVO good.

Would this be the same answer from you people if Metalcloak was replaced with Synergy, AEV, Teraflex, Currie or OME?

NFRs2000NYC

Would this be the same answer from you people if Metalcloak was replaced with Synergy, AEV, Teraflex, Currie or OME?

Some yes, some no. AEV, Currie, and OME make quality parts. However, your tone illustrates my above point. You're getting butthurt because people recommend parts that have been tested time and time again, beaten, designed with superior components, and you take that as pushing some brand over another. I don't own a dynatrac axle...but know enough to understand that is it is the best axle you can buy. I don't own EVO control arms, but know they are far superior to almost all other brands. I don't own an AEV bumper, but know that they have the best fit and finish in the industry. But hey, I guess I'm in the "you people" category.

Last edited:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

I’m pretty sure the answer is yes, to Teraflex. The rest, probably not. Again, I can’t understand why people get bent out of shape, when they ask for opinions, and get opinions.