Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Life of Pie

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    That was fast. I love 2 door Jeeps, and have had a few. I think youíll like the 4 door much more. You have more cargo capacity and more towing capacity. A longer Jeep is more stable in some off road situations, and that probably outweighs any benefit of the shorter turning radius of a 2 door.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I think you'll be happy with the 4 door, loved my 2 doors but 4 are more practical in many situations

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Just a note about differences in the two, The factory halogen lights were not bad but the LEDs are so much better it makes it seem that way. They will present there own challenge in replacement cost and trailer tow upgrade. I was considering that as a dealer add but close to $1800 so no, Iíll wait for that. Money would be better spent on a lift. The push button start on the 4 door is like what I have seen on most push starts, you just tap the button with the brake on and it does itís thing, the manual tranny didnít work that way, for obvious reason I think but you have to hold the switch until the engine starts. This one has the safety group, so blind spot monitoring etc, first vehicle Iíve had with that, managed this long without it but verdict is out on its usefulness. The rattle from the top now gone but the sound reverb during talk radio a little more noticeable, thanks to other writer ups here I have an idea where to start. The longer wheel base is a little more noticeable in steering stability, the shorter 2 door was very responsive and you could really feel quick lane changes not so much on the 4. And the getup and go on the 2 manual was really good, the xtra doughnuts on the 4 still impressive for a v6. The one thing that made me nuts on the 2 door was the sub in the middle of the floor, it is smaller than the 4 door version and I wished it was mounted on the side panel like the 4. In an already limited space your under Matt storage was eaten up by that, not to mention packing stuff on top of it. This weekend I will go work the 4 lol lever and make sure thatís all good. Finally the thing nobody cares about...fuel economy, the 2 door ran hi 19 to 20 on the daily, the 4 is showing better after a few tanks Iíll know for sure. Oh and as for a name I want to call it JLo but my wife wants to call it the green lantern , I guess naming it after a woman ... with letís say those attributes lol

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Update on the new JL, finished up the paperwork today so itís mine, well sort of. Ordered the aux switch kit and the trailer tow kit, plan on installing myself. Thanks Doug Smith in Spanish Fork.

Fresh Catch
    Your post about Big Bend got me thinking about my trip there. In March 2016, with 600 miles on my almost stock Ď16 JKUR I headed west and River Road in Big Bend was my first trail. I will never forget that ďfirst timeĒ. On the river road I had lunch and a wild horse over in Mexico came to the river to drink.

IMG_0416.jpg

Came across a mercury mine

IMG_0432.jpg

Had a great time but my Jeep did not fare that well

IMG_0434.jpg

We missed the river road, the park rangers didnít recommend we try it with as much rain as they had. Itís gonna be on the next visit. We did the old ore and a few others as well as the Terlingua Ranch road it was washed out pretty bad, no winch on either vehicle so we played it safe. Winch plate on order for the new one already.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfire View Post
    We missed the river road, the park rangers didnít recommend we try it with as much rain as they had. Itís gonna be on the next visit. We did the old ore and a few others as well as the Terlingua Ranch road it was washed out pretty bad, no winch on either vehicle so we played it safe. Winch plate on order for the new one already.

When you get back, check out Black Gap Road, between Glenn Springs road and River Road. It is a Jeep Badge of Honor trail.

Will do, however had no cell service the whole time down there so couldnít get the BoH app to work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12