JL Bikini Color ?

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Such a divisive color. My local dealer has more Wranglers on the lot than I've ever seen at a dealership and I saw about 10 bikini JLs yesterday. None of the pictures on here really epitomize the true nature of this color. At one time I really liked it, but now it's just not for me.

Such a divisive color. My local dealer has more Wranglers on the lot than I've ever seen at a dealership and I saw about 10 bikini JLs yesterday. None of the pictures on here really epitomize the true nature of this color. At one time I really liked it, but now it's just not for me.
That's how I feel about it too. Based on a lot of the pictures, I was curious. But in person, it is just too close of a teal color for my personal tastes. It is metallic, and almost pearlescent at some angles.

2018 JLUR. V6. Auto. Uniden 880.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
When Bikini JLs first showed up at the dealership I really liked the color. But I've decided that it's definitely not for me. My wife, daughter and I agree that it seems to be very feminine color. We've now seen a few around town, all of which driven by women. But after all is said and done, it's really just personal preference. And what do I know... I also drive a Subaru. 😋

Rlet85

IMG_7601.jpg
Picked up my wife’s today... so many compliments already on color...I like it alot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bryce

Reminded me of these when I saw a Bikini JL over the weekend.

The YJ Islander from the late 80s & early 90s img_7370.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

NFRs2000NYC

Bikini JL......honestly....wow

So I was driving my hearing aid colored JKUR on some errands today (dune) and I get to a light. It was a super sunny day in amazing NJ, and right next to me, was a brand new, temp tagged, bikini colored sahara with a girl driving it. Gave her the wave, got one back, and we started moving. Her lane moved faster, so she drove past me, and I got a chance to appreciate the color in all it's glory. Honestly, while the sahara with the mallcrawler trim didn't look appealing, if you can look past the garnish that one of you would modify anyway, I was stunned at how gorgeous the color is in person. I have now seen all the JL colors in person (first time seeing the bikini) but online photos dont do it justice, it is simply stunning. Horrendous name for it, but in my meaningless opinion, the color is simply jawdropping. Before you judge it, see it in person on a sunny day. :thumb: I can't wait to see someone build one up with black trim, all the tasty accessories, etc....and if I don't, I am seriously going to consider putting it to the top of my color list.

Piginajeep

I think it’s ugly, like worst than Yellow Jeep ugly. Maybe even worst than that gold color they put on the jks