JL Bikini Color ?

JTCO

Meme King
I've been trying to find out exactly what this new bikini color is. Other than the color sample card from the sales guide, it's hard to picture what it will look like and Jeep doesn't have any pictures out yet that I can find. I did see in the sales manual that it will only be available on the Wrangler and the Renegade.

Well, I just saw a commercial on the new Renegade and they snuck some pictures in which I can only assume is the correct color. I hope so, it looks pretty cool.

IMG_20181022_214148_681.jpg

IMG_20181022_214207_285.jpg

So, I took a photo editing program that I have and attempted to modify a mojito Wrangler to look like the bikini color. It's not perfect but close enough.

IMG_20181022_220228_499.jpg

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice job with the rendering. Turquoise can be a decent color on some vehicles but I can't say I'm digging it on the JL.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If I could guess, it'll be a lot like this...

20171031175024-bf06834a-me.jpg

Which I might add, looks great on an old CJ-5.

JTCO

Meme King
Lol. I like it on both. It looks really good on the older model too. That one actually looks closer to the Renegade in the commercial.

WiscoHR

I think it’s one of those colors that might look good when you see it. But don’t know if it’s a color you will still like after walking out to your Jeep every day for the next year. I try to think that way when I buy vehicles. I always ask myself, “will I like this color next year?”

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
May be a good two door color. It’s like Punk’n & Mojito, to me. I like loud colors better on 2 doors. Personally, I’m too old for a color like that, although I couldn’t stop looking at the Punk’n Sport, last weekend, I’d never purchase it.

JTCO

Meme King
But don’t know if it’s a color you will still like after walking out to your Jeep every day for the next year. I try to think that way when I buy vehicles.

I'm like that as well. Everytime I see Gecko or Hypergreen on a JK, I love it, but don't think I'd want to see it in my driveway every day.

May be a good two door color. It’s like Punk’n & Mojito, to me. I like loud colors better on 2 doors. Personally, I’m too old for a color like that, although I couldn’t stop looking at the Punk’n Sport, last weekend, I’d never purchase it.

I know exactly what you mean. I do really like the Punk'n too.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Funny thing is, I'm pretty sure this was Rusty's original color but I can't imagine what it would have looked like on him :crazyeyes:

Mud Bug

I was super excited to hear Bikini was going to be a turquoise... but then deflated when it said late release. I am impatient. :mad:

For me personally... I tend to gravitate towards the bright, bold, in-your-face colors for Wranglers. Granted, my JKU was bright white and I loved it. I bought it used so it was the color it was. I still loved it. However, when I am driving my future JL, I kind of want it to scream "Look at me!!" but in a good way. I am eager to see the Bikini color out on the road, cannot wait!

WiscoHR

True, but I couldn’t stop looking at Punk’n. I wouldn’t buy that color, but it catches my eye. If I were 20, instead of 50, I might buy a Punk’n Wrangler.

My wife and I are looking at 2 door right now and we’ve gone through the colors and thinking a twin to the 4 door might be the answer. It’s down to white or Sting Gray. Have to think long term.