New Inline 6 Motor?

Spack

I've got my cash in my hand for a new Mojito! Rubi, but have heard FCA is going to release a new I-6. Does anyone have any info on it and opinions on if I should wait or go for the current Pentastar?

13_gecko_rubi

I've got my cash in my hand for a new Mojito! Rubi, but have heard FCA is going to release a new I-6. Does anyone have any info on it and opinions on if I should wait or go for the current Pentastar?
FCA doesn't have an inline 6 in the entire lineup. Pop the hood on a 3.6 and see if u think you could fit another 3 cylinders in front of it. Or even the 2l and see if u could fit another half an engine I think you'll have your answer then :)

Sent via....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Pop the hood on a 3.6 and see if u think you could fit another 3 cylinders in front of it. Or even the 2l and see if u could fit another half an engine I think you'll have your answer then :)

But but... it was posted on the internet - no matter how impossible it may be, it has to be true! :cheesy:

Spack

FCA doesn't have an inline 6 in the entire lineup. Pop the hood on a 3.6 and see if u think you could fit another 3 cylinders in front of it. Or even the 2l and see if u could fit another half an engine I think you'll have your answer then :)

Sent via....

Good point, I was at my local looking at them yesterday and I noticed the bay was pretty full. I have another dealer just south of me looking, but it may be awhile. According to the dealer Jeep has been focused on the turbo motor so there aren't any Mojito Rubis around with the 3.6. I may have to wait a couple months before they start building the V6 again.

13_gecko_rubi

The 4L was a great engine... In the 90s. If you put a 4L in the JL you couldn't give them away. It's a dog compared to modern engines. I do like them yes but their time vanished long ago :)

Sent via....