Nitto or STT Cooper

aug0211

I think you’ll hear a lot of STT Pro here. The above kind of confirms that - answers for STT Pros without hearing which Nittos.

To be fair, I’m assuming that the above posters also assumed you’re comparing the Trail Grapplers from nitro to the STT Pros, since that’s probably the most direct comparison across the brands.

I have Ridge Grapplers, which are a different class tire. I love mine for my use. They do great on the road. Reviews are good for snow, but I haven’t had any yet to confirm. They’re good in the rain so far.

The STT Pros get great reviews and I might consider trying them next.

I’m not as familiar with the Trail Grapplers, as I knew I wanted a tire that would handle road conditions a bit better - so I jumped straight to the Ridge Grapplers.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

benatc1

I've ran both (trail grapplers and st pros) and was very happy with both on and off road. I would give the edge to the coopers tho, I think they handle a bit better on road and wear slower. Off road I can't say I ever felt the slightest disadvantage with the nittos but also felt the coopers hooked up better for me. Have said that, and wheeled with plenty of people on trail grapplers they have no issues. Honestly don't think you could go wrong either way

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm another that has run both Trail Grapplers and STT Pros. Both are good tires but the STT Pros hook up better on the rocks, do better in snow/ice and they don't have a pull to the left.

ddays v2

Another vote for the Coops. I don't know how the engineers at Cooper managed to do it but they figured out a tire compound that hooks up well on the rocks, mud, and snow. but also wears like iron on the street. My set has 55k or so miles on them and still have a lot of life left. :thumb:

coops.jpg

DavidDJL69

I run the Ridge Grapplers. They’re more of a hybrid tire designed to do well offroad but also behave well on pavement. I love them and don’t experience any left pull that folks talk about with the Trail Grapplers. When I wear these out, I’ll definitely be looking at the Coopers. They make excellent tires.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Zenk

Milestar Patagonia MT

this tire should be on your list. 38x13.5x17 on my JLUR with 3.5" lift. Love em.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
this tire should be on your list. 38x13.5x17 on my JLUR with 3.5" lift. Love em.

LOL!! I love how guys are always so quick to chime in with what they chose to buy even though nobody was asking. Aside from "you" loving them, exactly what makes them to great? 38x13.50 is a really odd size and if nothing else, they would make it hard to bum a spare or find at a local shop in a pinch. Got any videos or at the very least, pics to demonstrate just how well they do. You know, something like this...

I got tons of videos showing how well Nittos and Toyos do too.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug

Although I have absolutely no experience with the Milestar Patagonis, from the videos that I've seen they don't seem to hook up very well. Of course, I may be wrong. In your experience, how are they on the rocks and during winter weather?

Zenk

LOL!! I love how guys are always so quick to chime in with what they chose to buy even though nobody was asking. Aside from "you" loving them, exactly what makes them to great? 38x13.50 is a really odd size and if nothing else, they would make it hard to bum a spare or find at a local shop in a pinch. Got any videos or at the very least, pics to demonstrate just how well they do. You know, something like this...

I got tons of videos showing how well Nittos and Toyos do too.

I fail to see why my post was so funny, or why someone needs to ask for my opinion before I can comment on a public forum.

In any case you asked for it, and here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQHpNTD6GxtNe8HanFW8dnw/videos?disable_polymer=1

Last edited:

JTCO

Meme King
...... or why someone needs to ask for my opinion before I can comment on a public forum.

This is actually a private forum, but regardless, the OP was pretty clear that they had decided on Nittos or Coopers.

And as far as the link to the videos you posted, just based on the channel thumbnails, I would have a hard time taking them seriously.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I fail to see why my post was so funny...

:cheesy: Of course you fail to see why your post is so funny.

...or why someone needs to ask for my opinion before I can comment on a public forum.

:cheesy: Lighten up my friend. Nobody I know said you needed to be asked for you to post up an opinion. Just like you, I was simply giving my opinion. Also, since you seemed to have missed it, I was asking for you to post up video or pics of YOUR Jeep in action. Being that YOU said that they were such great tires, I was kind of hoping that YOU might be able to show YOUR experiences with them. You know, kind of like how I did with MY video :yup:

WiscoHR

IMG_1553.JPG

Here is an example of why I love the Coopers. You would be hard pressed to find another E rated tire that has enough sidewall flex to wrap around a rock at 18psi. Most other tires at this pressure will be extremely stiff.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Shots

......:cheesy: Lighten up my friend. Nobody I know said you needed to be asked for you to post up an opinion.....
Except that's exactly what you implied. ↓↓↓
I love how guys are always so quick to chime in with what they chose to buy even though nobody was asking....

.... Also, since you seemed to have missed it, I was asking for you to post up video or pics of YOUR Jeep in action. Being that YOU said that they were such great tires, I was kind of hoping that YOU might be able to show YOUR experiences with them.....
Well actually you asked for opinions from someone other than Zenk to support the claim. Specifically, "aside from you" ↓↓↓
...... Aside from "you" loving them, exactly what makes them to great?...
And I like the addition of "YOUR" experience with them after Zenk fulfilled the request to support the claim. All you asked for were "any videos". The link actually goes with the previous response that you were looking for someone else's opinion anyway ↓↓↓
..... Got any videos or at the very least, pics to demonstrate just how well they do. You know, something like this....

.... And as far as the link to the videos you posted, just based on the channel thumbnails, I would have a hard time taking them seriously.
Why because there's a woman on them? That Jeep has done some pretty impressive stuff, so you can discount their credibility all you want just because they feature a female and use bright colors on their stuff. Doesn't change that their videos stand up for themselves.

Anyway, now that I've stirred the post.
@Zenk I'd love to hear any more feedback you have on the Patagonia. I was trying to decide between the STT, Patagonia and KO2. Yes, I know they're not all the same class, but those are what I'm looking at. Feel free to PM so we don't ruffle more feathers in this thread.