Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nitto or STT Cooper

Nitto or STT Cooper

Ok JLU research on new wheels, tires, lift, shocks, fenders, bumpers is in full swing.
    Today Iím looking at recommended tires and itís coming down to Nitto vs STT Cooper.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Cooper STT Pro

Cooper STT Pro

Which nittos are you looking at? You list a brand vs a specific tire

Been Around the Block
    I think youíll hear a lot of STT Pro here. The above kind of confirms that - answers for STT Pros without hearing which Nittos.

To be fair, Iím assuming that the above posters also assumed youíre comparing the Trail Grapplers from nitro to the STT Pros, since thatís probably the most direct comparison across the brands.

I have Ridge Grapplers, which are a different class tire. I love mine for my use. They do great on the road. Reviews are good for snow, but I havenít had any yet to confirm. Theyíre good in the rain so far.

The STT Pros get great reviews and I might consider trying them next.

Iím not as familiar with the Trail Grapplers, as I knew I wanted a tire that would handle road conditions a bit better - so I jumped straight to the Ridge Grapplers.

I've ran both (trail grapplers and st pros) and was very happy with both on and off road. I would give the edge to the coopers tho, I think they handle a bit better on road and wear slower. Off road I can't say I ever felt the slightest disadvantage with the nittos but also felt the coopers hooked up better for me. Have said that, and wheeled with plenty of people on trail grapplers they have no issues. Honestly don't think you could go wrong either way

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I'm another that has run both Trail Grapplers and STT Pros. Both are good tires but the STT Pros hook up better on the rocks, do better in snow/ice and they don't have a pull to the left.

Been Around the Block CanadaJeep's Avatar
    STT pro
    SCOTT *lllllll*
    2018 STING GRAY JL SPORT

Another vote for the Coops. I don't know how the engineers at Cooper managed to do it but they figured out a tire compound that hooks up well on the rocks, mud, and snow. but also wears like iron on the street. My set has 55k or so miles on them and still have a lot of life left.

coops.jpg

I run the Ridge Grapplers. Theyíre more of a hybrid tire designed to do well offroad but also behave well on pavement. I love them and donít experience any left pull that folks talk about with the Trail Grapplers. When I wear these out, Iíll definitely be looking at the Coopers. They make excellent tires.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast