Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Build and adventure thread of "Big Red"

Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    Not much of an update but, in the middle of finding/buying a house and pre-approvals. Being self-employed is really harsh on the way they averaging my income, but either way I had to take my savings for 37s (and more) to pay a couple things off in order to get our # where we want it. Sooo, looks like I'll be skipping leg day till we get this thing done

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    I totally get that. They put us through the ringer on shit like that. Hope it goes smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    I totally get that. They put us through the ringer on shit like that. Hope it goes smoothly.
    Thanks man, such a pain in the dick. Nickel and diming every damn thing

Thanks man, such a pain in the dick. Nickel and diming every damn thing

Funny story (now that I'm on the other side): We purchased a property last year. I've owned the same business for 11 years. There was a potential tax discrepancy from 2017 of 0.34 cents. The underwriter went ape shit and delayed all kinds of shit for everybody involved for almost a week. I told the motherfuckers that I'd send them a 5 dollar bill to shut the fuck up. Of course I was told that it doesn't work that way. So our closing date was in July but with all the financing, we didn't start our first payment until September. So they took that 0.34 cent POTENTIAL debt and computed 3 months of interest and added it to our closing costs. It was like 3 fucking dollars. But the motherfuckers 'proved' that they were doing their 'diligence' and that's why they keep their jobs. I've owned several properties and everytime I finance there are hoops, but that one definitely took the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Funny story (now that I'm on the other side): We purchased a property last year. I've owned the same business for 11 years. There was a potential tax discrepancy from 2017 of 0.34 cents. The underwriter went ape shit and delayed all kinds of shit for everybody involved for almost a week. I told the motherfuckers that I'd send them a 5 dollar bill to shut the fuck up. Of course I was told that it doesn't work that way. So our closing date was in July but with all the financing, we didn't start our first payment until September. So they took that 0.34 cent POTENTIAL debt and computed 3 months of interest and added it to our closing costs. It was like 3 fucking dollars. But the motherfuckers 'proved' that they were doing their 'diligence' and that's why they keep their jobs. I've owned several properties and everytime I finance there are hoops, but that one definitely took the cake.
    That's insane, I'd be so pissed..being self employed is great for many reasons, except buying a house, as im finding out...

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    That's insane, I'd be so pissed..being self employed is great for many reasons, except buying a house, as im finding out...

And Social Security tax...

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by notnalc68 View Post
    And Social Security tax...

Very good point!

Good luck on the house. Thatís awesome. Youíll have way more long term equity in a house than Jeep.

And selfishly, this may mean I have a chance of beating you on a Jeep build. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    Good luck on the house. Thatís awesome. Youíll have way more long term equity in a house than Jeep.

And selfishly, this may mean I have a chance of beating you on a Jeep build. Lol.
    Thanks my friend, I hope you do beat me, then I'll have to catch up! Any action on the JK?

All done, had to redo the rear passenger as the isolator didn't stay put and the coil was rubbing the bucket on test drive 1, all good now. Overall pretty simple, need to get a lift though lol

Should settle a little but definitely cant wait to get the 37s on

Big Red is looking good! Shoes will come soon enough. Good luck on the home!

Quote Originally Posted by Trail JL View Post
    Big Red is looking good! Shoes will come soon enough. Good luck on the home!

Thank you! Been stuck in an apt for almost a year, so very much looking fwd to it being over and settled. Hope you and Ray are well!

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast